• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Does your BDC work after hours?

Let me flip this one on its head a bit...how old are the leads you're receiving? We see contact rates fall by 25%+ when leads are older than 5 minutes in several verticals. (We measure lead age as a measurement of time from when a consumer clicked 'submit' until its delivered to the buyer/advertiser.) Would you treat leads differently with that knowledge? Not buy them, pay less?

I'm thinking I probably should have mentioned that our group is in Illinois which by law cannot sell cars on Sundays. So when I discuss answering leads on Sundays, I'm referring to having a BDR at home on a laptop or mobile device responding to customers.

With all due respect to AVA, my goal is to build value in our product, team, and group while a customer is shopping after hours not just respond and verify contact info.

No offense taken. I realize what appears to many as confirmation emails are in fact designed for customer engagement. You need to start a dialogue. People have a habit of giving all the info and not leaving a reason for the customer to respond. AI now has the ability to read the email and either alert sales, send another message or shut itself off. All part of doing what you want which is building value. I'd encourage you to see a demo before deciding. Never know.... might get a cool idea or 2 so it's not a waste of your time even if you go with live responses.