• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Dominate your market using video

I have been very successful at getting video on page one of Google. I can drop model specific video on page one on any make, model and city. Want to know more?

Dave, the community frowns upon blatant attempts at solicitation.

If you have a story to tell that would benefit the community, in the spirit of transparency, please feel free to share.

Well here ya go. Shoot and video, leave a place card at the end of the video, take 3 seconds off of the video, rerender it and upload it using the make model and city/town you want the video to appear. Do a search on "2012 subaru impreza philadelphia" on google. Then replace Philadelphia with festerville, west chester, media, etc. Not looking to solicite anything. It can be done with just about any business. Reach out if you are interested in learning more.

Reactions: 1 person
I'll vouch that Dave is only trying to help and has gone out of his way to pass info to us with no direct reward or gratification for himself other than helping another person. So I don't believe he was trying to solicit anything at all.

Well here ya go. Shoot and video, leave a place card at the end of the video, take 3 seconds off of the video, rerender it and upload it using the make model and city/town you want the video to appear. Do a search on "2012 subaru impreza philadelphia" on google. Then replace Philadelphia with festerville, west chester, media, etc. Not looking to solicite anything. It can be done with just about any business. Reach out if you are interested in learning more.

Interesting.

There is a company doing this in a major way, I think their name is Carmercial, they have deployed some in my market and it looks pretty good--meaning the videos show.

But I have also seen the free everycarlisted videos show, in the image below you can see a video I sold to Carson Cars back in 2009 (and it showed in today's search!). The dealer has cancelled the account since, but I left the videos up (almost 600 views on that particular one).

What I have seen is new is a link below the videos that says "Not helpful, block youtube videos" Block all [url]www.youtube.com results[/URL] So Google is checking whether is good or not to brting these intot he search.

video.jpg

Dave, I love video and I'm sure tons of people would like to hear more but your approach is suspicious, and when you consider that the vast majority on the forums are lurkers who never speak up it would be to everyone's benefit for you to simply state what it is you think is effective and get others to join in on the specifics.

To add to the conversation, I'd like to hear your feedback on how a 12 min video is working for you (assuming the video was yours when i searched). Do you look to your youTube analytics to support your strategies?

I'm not sure if you're trying to undermine me Dave, but I'm perfectly capable of reproducing this method as well. It's just that the URL's remain in the same place and order, resulting in the only difference being that the YT video is now showing at the top of the results. This is cool but it certainly isn't a replacement for our entire User Experience / Content / SEO strategy that I'm working on provisioning and will not bring us 1/4 of the way towards our ultimate goals for 2012, nor will most people even click it. Unless I'm specifically looking for a video, I'm going to scan right past that and naturally check the first 3 URL's like I would have had the video not even been there. I apologize if you didn't mean to insinuate that I was incapable of doing such things by emailing this stuff to us, but I can't help seeing it appear as such. I cut the 11 minute turnaround down to ~5 also but you'll have to take my word for it.

FiatYouTube.jpg