• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

DrivingSales 2016 / #DSES - How was it for you?

That's especially disappointing to hear, as DSES was always known as the more "exclusive" (if you will) conference; as opposed to the "Pay-to-Play" crap that's out there (at nearly every other conference/meeting) or the strangely blah/timid NADA sessions.

Growing can be tough, as you have to delegate more. I would guess Jared has delegated quite a bit given DS' tremendous growth over the years.

Completely agree. I bailed on Digital Dealer this year after going to 3 years of the same thing.
Had high hopes for DSES and, to be fair, some of it didn't disappoint. But that really shouldn't be the bar for success.

Just catching up on everyone's feedback here. While putting together my recap of the event (please read), I was able to be more objective about my experience than while attending. I've done recaps of several Digital Dealer events but this was my first recap of DSES.

What became evident to me while crafting it was the magnitude of quality activities and information packed into such a short period of time. When you consider how it all comes together as a whole, and the essence of what's going on, if you aren't able to get much from it then I have to wonder if you're not in learning mode. It's not realistic to participate in everything there, but each of us should be able to find at least 2-3 truly valuable takeaways (aside from the networking benefits).

The Best Idea contest is a really cool idea. We need more of this in our industry. I wish the breakout sessions at DSES and DD were conducted by more dealers. Maybe these events should offer public training programs and coaching for dealers between events to prepare dealers to effectively present and share their success (and failures) at these events. Like a 20-group, but in conference format.

I did not attend any of the breakout sessions but I hit a few keynotes, the Innovation Cup, and one reception. I also was able to attend AutoVentures which was really cool, and all the feedback on AV has been solid.

if you aren't able to get much from it then I have to wonder if you're not in learning mode.
I did not attend any of the breakout sessions but I hit a few keynotes, the Innovation Cup, and one reception.

I agree with everything that you said and you made some great points.
That said, I think what most negative comments were referring to was the breakout sessions.
I enjoyed most of the keynotes and thought the idea contests were as fantastic as ever.