• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Droid Outgoing Email

CFrentzen

Boss
Apr 24, 2009
First Name
Chris
I've got my Droid all set up and such, but running into an issue:

I set up my work account email on it, and it can receive incoming messages, but gets "connection error" when trying to send emails from this account. No problem with other types of messaging and such. Does anyone know how to solve that problem? My outgoing server is the same as my Outlook email's (smpt.ne.rr.com).

Help!..:hello:

it should be SMTP.ne.rr.com unless someone at your email company is playing a practical joke.

SMTP is an acronym for simple mail transfer protocol and is the normal name for outgoing email servers.

also, check your outlook settings and see if your outgoing server requires authentication (the 2nd tab when you click "MORE SETTINGS")

Finally, check your outgoing server's port number in outlook. This is on the last tab (advanced). This number can vary widely from company to company but is usually port 25.

copy any settings you find to your phone and it should be rosy.

it should be SMTP.ne.rr.com unless someone at your email company is playing a practical joke.

SMTP is an acronym for simple mail transfer protocol and is the normal name for outgoing email servers.

also, check your outlook settings and see if your outgoing server requires authentication (the 2nd tab when you click "MORE SETTINGS")

Finally, check your outgoing server's port number in outlook. This is on the last tab (advanced). This number can vary widely from company to company but is usually port 25.

copy any settings you find to your phone and it should be rosy.

Yeah - that's my issue, is that everything is copied correctly and it says "connection error". :( I've also deleted and setup the email again. Hopefully Motorola gets back to me soon...seems like there should be no issue.