• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

E-Contracting and Digital Archiving?

jmoses

Full Sticker
Apr 30, 2010
First Name
Joe
Hello All,

I just wanted to reach out to everyone to see how many of you have looked into or have started to implement E-Contracting at your Dealerships. In order to improve the speed of being funded, as well as getting away from the hassle of overnighting contracts to all of our lenders, we would love to start e-contracting.

Along those same lines, we are also looking to moving towards paperless archiving. Does anyone have any advice regarding best practices, things to watch out for, etc regarding both of these areas? Any advice or information is appreciated. Thanks!

Sorry to confuse people with the user name change, but I did want to add. One such company that came to us in regards to digital archiving is called "My digital Office" What they do is take every deal jacket and scan them to a server (web based, accessible) as PDFs. All data is stored offline on their mass storage devices, and they take care of data backups and compliance. Once scanned, they shred the paper copy.

Anyone ever heard of this company?? They seem to offer pricing on a per deal jacket basis. Thanks.