• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

E-Mail Marketing Old School? SmartPhone Marketing is the Future!! Don't be left Behind!!

If you send me a text message solicitation, you can guarantee that I will never shop at your store. It's an invasion of privacy that gives your business a bad name. I disapprove.:thumbdn:

I notice how your "stats" don't show anything about how many people say they would like to receive spam text messages from a business -- think that's important?

I don't think I would be comfortable using SMS for marketing because a single text message can cost the recipient. Could you imagine how you would feel if you were billed for the privilege of receiving junk mail from the postal service? That is not an emotion I want to have associated with our business.

I think some better uses would be the opt-in notification of a vehicle price drop, or notification that service has been completed on your vehicle.

I don't think I would be comfortable using SMS for marketing because a single text message can cost the recipient. Could you imagine how you would feel if you were billed for the privilege of receiving junk mail from the postal service? That is not an emotion I want to have associated with our business.

SMS costs are built into the program. Unless your using a shady vendor using a web based SMS hack, legitimate SMS advertisements use the carrier to broadcast the message. Therefor... your paying AT&T, Verizon, Sprint etc the penny or so per SMS to cover the costs that the end user would have had to pay.

SMS works great for some markets for promotion, selling cars, in my experience. Not one of them.

If your trying to hit cellphones(ie people right now), find an email database provider who will send your offer to a DB of people who have smartphones.