• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

E-Signatures -- Wassup?

I have been spending the last couple weeks trying to finalize a number of pieces of this puzzle in-house.
We're now talking to vendors about which digital signature solution is going to cost the least (they're surprisingly expensive).

What we've built is pretty specific to the client we built it for, but it takes the deal from start to finish and let me tell you... I have a whole new appreciation for car deals. That said, the reason I'm building this is because the client couldn't find a solution that adequately, securely and efficiently tracked the whole process.

View attachment 5320

@craigh that's pretty sweet. I can only imagine the information and experience you're consuming by running this project.

@john.quinn Buddy of mine in Ohio is starting up this process as we speak to do the dealership all paperless. He is doing a virtual meeting with the customer as he is sending the documents thru Darwin for the interaction with the customer. I understand Dealertrack also has some functionality of Esigning as well. In Ohio though, you still need 4 wet signatures. If you are looking for a solution that I can hook you up with, just DM me.

That's always the issue. Many states still require the "wet" signature, however it seems as if some of these states are now changing up their laws and rules. We are experiencing this in the state of MD.

Reactions: craigh
That's always the issue. Many states still require the "wet" signature, however it seems as if some of these states are now changing up their laws and rules. We are experiencing this in the state of MD.
When this pandemic shut everything down last year, our governing body was pretty quick to allow some loopholes for car sales to happen with digital signatures. Something we've been asking them to do for years, but so many reasons why they couldn't do it...

Reactions: Jeff Kershner
It's still a win to get all you can get early though. As a customer, I would understand that some docs need signed in person. The bulk of the work is done.
Still a major win.

The problem with most in dealership e-contracting platforms, is the inability to have the customer review what they are signing BEFORE they sign. They get this little pad in front of them, and are asked to sign while all the terms & information is facing the F&I manager... Looking 2-3 years ahead, this could be a compliance/AG issue.
So my advice, is look for a tablet style e-contracting system, where the customer can review all the terms and sign at their own will. I'd imagine the same platform/accessibility would be available for remote sales.

• :light:
Reactions: Alex Snyder