• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

eBizAutos and Self Managed PPC Problems

Brian Pasch

8 Pounder Veteran
Apr 26, 2009
First Name
Brian
Has anyone had experience with eBizAutos and conversion codes. It seems that if a dealer wants to run their own PPC campaigns, their iFrame forms, prevent a dealer from getting proper adwords conversion stats.

Can anyone confirm this?

Brian

Indeed, Brian... This is something we struggle with daily. Not to mention that the Iframe creates other challenges with chat code installation, GA code installation, etc. This is the Number One challenge we face in designing and hosting our own site. This is also the Number One Mission for 2012 - Find an alternative to the Iframe! I love the eBiz display and they have done a great job with support etc. PPC is a serious challenge and one that ALL dealers need to be made aware of...

Just Sayin'

Almost forgot to mention this, but for you Analytics junkies the same issues that prevent proper implementation of adwords conversions also prevents truly accurate implementation of GA code. SO - if you are using eBiz and Iframe and deriving data from Google Analytics, you aren't getting accurate information on what's happening with your site.

eBiz does provide a decent analytics tool themselves and you can piece your GA results and eBiz results together to get accurate data on your site, but its a HUGE pain and you need to be an advanced Excel user to do it in a timely basis...

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE someone to provide a solution for this... I'm working on developing my own inventory hosting solution, but it isn't going to be easy or inexpensive to accomplish...

huh? iFrames? Really? That's so 2005-ish.

Use HomeNet for your inventory host and a webvendor should provide you with iFrame-less landing pages easily (at least I think it should be easy, I haven't shopped for a web vendor in YEARS :).

Tom,

You can have ebiz feed the inventory into wordpress and create a website entirelly with wordpress and an inventory plug in.

The other solution is to have abiz feed a company like Motorwebs.com, dealereprocess, or dealer.com all of them will do a frameless website for +/- $500 range per month.

Dealereprocess sells chat and Motorwebs is integarted with CAO, making your problems that you mention with chat integration go away.