• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Ecarlist...anyone use them? Thoughts? Opinions?

I have Ecarlist at one store and vAuto at the other. I hope to soon have vAuto at both. Ecarlist will randomly remove vehicles and mark them sold. I am constantly comparing Ecarlist with my inventory to see what is missing. I was talking a friend that I met on DealerRefresh, and he has similar problems with Ecarlist. They do have a nifty application where you can scan the VIN off the car directly into the system. vAuto doesn't have a rival as a pricing tool.

DDavis - are you on ADP or Reynolds? I heard a similar complaint from an ADP dealer...any other insight on your preference for vAuto?

Stefan and I are both on Reynolds. We both have problems with cars randomly disappearing. It doesn't discriminate between new and used. It is usually fresh units that you have never worked a deal on. Poof, they're gone.

I doubt that I am in the minority in believing that vAuto is the best inventory management system available. It values your individual vehicles and your entire inventory. At a glance, you can see which of your vehicles need prices, pictures, descriptions and if they are posted. Carfax problem? It tells you. The pricing tool? Dale wrote the book on that ..actually a couple. You are new to DealerRefresh. If you haven't read Velocity, I suggest you get it. vAuto does everything that it is supposed to and it does it flawlessly. If you need technical support, they are excellent.

Reactions: 1 person
We used to use ecarlist and we switched over the AutoFusion. ecarlist was good at what they did; however, their customer service went down the drain quick and they stopped returning our calls and they were not willing to meet with us to address our concerns. So, we replaced them.

We LOVE AutoFusion! They are very responsive to our many questions, changes, re-writes, demands, etc.

Their site design I think is one the best out there. Their backend is so-so. Their service is horrid. I had to open a ticket at least every other day, sometimes multiple in one day. Overall:

View attachment 980

Wow, now that is an endorsement! Reminds me of my second wife. Finest butt, I have ever seen. Sex? You constantly wanted to check her pulse to see if she was still with you. Dead wife sex syndrome. Google it.

their customer service went down the drain quick and they stopped returning our calls and they were not willing to meet with us to address our concerns. So, we replaced them.

Joseph, this is an unfortunate post.

eCarList has had a 4-year long-standing relationship with the Ewing Automotive Group. They were one of our first custom website designs - in fact the MB website was our award-winning showcase. I live around the corner from the store, we have had a vested interest (and can safely say direct influence) in its growth, and your GM is a personal friend of our founder and mine.

I understand you are 4 months new to the store, and since we don't have any record of communication with you directly it is important to state that your depiction above of our relationship is completely inaccurate. I would be happy to take this offline and provide you with the facts if you are interested, but regardless everything was/is amicable.

Regardless, we are all truly happy to see the store prosper. Please give my personal best to Kim, Ron and Mary.

Wow, now that is an endorsement! Reminds me of my second wife. Finest butt, I have ever seen. Sex? You constantly wanted to check her pulse to see if she was still with you. Dead wife sex syndrome. Google it.

Okay!! TMI - TMI - TMI...

At any rate - to get this thing back on the rails...we have been with eCarList for several years for both inventory management and websites - they are also managing our SEO and Reputation Management at one of our sister locations. While there have been some issues during the Dealer Track conversion regarding support, they have always been an exemplary vendor partner for us and we credit them with a massive increase in both organic website traffic and lead conversions. They have been a big part of our ability to succeed in a very competitive market without resorting to various "black ops" or other questionable practices undertaken by some other website vendors...

Either way, please take this comment as a positive endorsement and feel free to contact me offline for any additional information.

Regards,

Edward Shaffer
Park Place Dealerships
Internet Business Development Manager
[email protected]

their customer service went down the drain quick and they stopped returning our calls and they were not willing to meet with us to address our concerns. So, we replaced them.

I have a feeling "not returning phone calls" boils down to "we asked repeatedly for things out of scope of the service and/or contract". I've dealt with this before and it's disheartening to see somebody changing viewers perceptions of their work by saying their "customer service went down the drain quick" -- when that's really not the case. IMO, eCarList does some of the best work in the business. I think their design and development team is probably the most skilled out of the automotive website providers as well. I'm not trying to kiss ass either, when I was designing sites I felt out of any competition, technically they brought the most to compete with.