• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Editing your Profile, Photo, Signature and more...

I just joined and when I visit the forums I have the following message display to me:

IMPORTANT: Don’t miss a thing, add "[email protected]" AND "[email protected]" to your contacts - do it now before you forget!

What does this mean? What contacts are you talking about?

I appreciate any feedback.

Cheers,
David

Hey David,

This is a reference to your Address Book in email.
Lots of these online forums get blocked by email providers and it means you could miss notifications from the thread.
If you're getting notifications don't worry about it.

I just joined and when I visit the forums I have the following message display to me:

IMPORTANT: Don’t miss a thing, add "[email protected]" AND "[email protected]" to your contacts - do it now before you forget!

What does this mean? What contacts are you talking about?

I appreciate any feedback.

Cheers,
David

David, thanks for joining the community and for not being shy and posting a question in the "Getting Started" category.

As Craig already point out, to be sure you never miss an email update or email alert you'll want to add the following email addresses to your contacts "[email protected]" AND "[email protected]" . When you do this, your email client (gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, etc) will allow the email alerts to pass through any possible filters that could otherwise block delivery into your inbox.

You could just add me to your contacts:

Name: Jeff Kershner
Company: DealerRefresh.com
Email 1: [email protected]
Email 2: [email protected]
Email 3: [email protected]

Cel Phone: 240-217-1740
Twitter: dealerrefresh
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dealerrefresh

:email:

David, thanks for joining the community and for not being shy and posting a question in the "Getting Started" category.

As Craig already point out, to be sure you never miss an email update or email alert you'll want to add the following email addresses to your contacts "[email protected]" AND "[email protected]" . When you do this, your email client (gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, etc) will allow the email alerts to pass through any possible filters that could otherwise block delivery into your inbox.

You could just add me to your contacts:

Name: Jeff Kershner
Company: DealerRefresh.com
Email 1: [email protected]
Email 2: [email protected]
Email 3: [email protected]

Cel Phone: 240-217-1740
Twitter: dealerrefresh
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dealerrefresh

:email:
Thanks Jeff and Craig... not sure why my brain wasn't connected as I read that. Of course thanks to both of you I now understand.. my only suggestion might be to state something along the lines of, "Don't let our messages go to your spam folder... Add the following addresses to your contacts.." For some reason "Don't miss a thing"... didn't trigger the reason why I might miss a thing... :)

Am I missing something obvious here? How do I change 'Brands associated with', Current CRM, etc? There are some fields in my profile that need updating, yet I can't seem to figure out where the (apparently) hidden settings link is for those items.

Thanks!

Am I missing something obvious here? How do I change 'Brands associated with', Current CRM, etc? There are some fields in my profile that need updating, yet I can't seem to figure out where the (apparently) hidden settings link is for those items.

Thanks!

Here's the trick with that. Go to edit Personal Details here: http://forum.dealerrefresh.com/account/personal-details

then you have to select Describe Yourself: Dealer
and it will ask you all the additional questions.

Screen Shot 2016-06-29 at 11.46.01 AM.png

Reactions: Mike Robbins
Thanks for helping out Craig! I was in the middle of answering this yesterday when I got pulled in another direction and never got back to completing.

That questionnaire was something that I wish I had implemented years ago when the forums were first created. The biggest reason for adding it was to build out groups based on some of the answers. I finally got around to doing this. If anyone has any suggestions around the groups and questionnaire, feel free to share!