• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Embedding video in emails -AVV

There are a few programs that I know of that do this. Have you considered the Authntk Video WalkAround app? It is great for shooting emails of vehicles to customers embedded in a custom dealership branded template that they create for you. Walkaround Videos :: Personalize car-buying with video emails

CoVideo does similar work but is a lot more expensive. I have also played around with Eyejot Eyejot - Video Mail In A Blink which is a desktop video email solution. The one issue with all of them, and not really a big one, is the email does not become a part of the customer record in the CRM since they are sent from an outside client. Hope this helps.

Hi Bill, Thanks for the input. I am a happy client of Authntk. Walkaround Videos is a easy to use and John Colban has been helpful with any questions. I highly recommend the product. Customers like it and comment that no one else made the effort. Likewise, it may be that platform that I use to embed the videos on my website. It looks like vehicle intros will need to be put on a page, and perhaps a personal intro on a separate page. It's a start. I am open to any and all suggestions.

Bill

Last edited:
If you don't care about linking it to the CRM. Why not just use YouTube?

When sending a follow up (or first contact) to the customer. You can record, upload, and share (via e-mail) right from the interface. Just make sure you sent the link to private. YouTube will do all the hard work for you. All you need to do is make a title and description.

Once again, doesn't link back to the CRM, but you can create overlays that have your phone number and put it in the description You can also be assured everything is mobile friendly as well..

This is great info, thanks to all. We're trying to stay ahead of the curve and moving forward as the industry changes. I am looking at adding model pages to the website that can be linked to a general video of the car without using the stitched videos. Even if they end up a little "homespun" it should give them credibility.
It appears that Authntk / Walkaround Video videos can also be embedded, which will resolve the private setting issue.