• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

ERA Ignite/Access keeps logging out

Jun 29, 2024
Awards
First Name
Steve
I realize that our IT department should be addressing this but... well... they might not be the easiest folks to deal with and this seems like a simple fix. One of our managers is having a unique issue with his ERA Access. It logs him out every few minutes. It will do this even if he is in the middle of loading a deal which locks him out of the deal. He is the only one in the store experiencing this. Mine stay logged in for hours and I'm not sure it ever logs me out.

This is incredibly frustrating. We are using the blue screen on the sales tower and this is where it is happening. Our finance guys use the Ignite side and yes, we might be old school but that blue screen just works.

Is there is a setting that we can change so he is not logged out so frequently?

Reactions: Tallcool1
I realize that our IT department should be addressing this but... well... they might not be the easiest folks to deal with and this seems like a simple fix. One of our managers is having a unique issue with his ERA Access. It logs him out every few minutes. It will do this even if he is in the middle of loading a deal which locks him out of the deal. He is the only one in the store experiencing this. Mine stay logged in for hours and I'm not sure it ever logs me out.

This is incredibly frustrating. We are using the blue screen on the sales tower and this is where it is happening. Our finance guys use the Ignite side and yes, we might be old school but that blue screen just works.

Is there is a setting that we can change so he is not logged out so frequently?
There are browser extensions that can be used to automatically refresh a webpage. These are useful in web apps that are set to only refresh every 30 minutes or something like that. I use this extension for a couple of apps. However, it forces the refresh and it will do things like you are describing here.

I am certainly not saying that this is positively the issue. I could be the issue.