• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Facebook Giveaway Promotion Ideas

bpreston

Grease Monkey
Apr 29, 2009
Awards
First Name
Bobby
Hey all,

We get Pittsburgh Pirates tickets through our Toyota advertising council and I want to give them away (only way people would actually go to Pirates game!) on our Facebook group page Preston Auto Group | Facebook. Our first set of 4 tickets is for Tuesday June 1st.

Here is what I am thinking:

I am going to have the winners come to the dealership to pick up the tickets. Obviously this will familiarize them with our our store (if they aren't a previous customer) and also I will get a picture for the website and to comment on Facebook. Also, I'll ask if they'll do a Facebook testimonial after the event to let everyone know about what a good time they had...

Questions:

I have 4 tickets, should have two separate giveaways?

I need some help to get people involved with the posting so that we stay in the Top News for as long as possible... Ideas?

I know Christine at Checkered Flag does a good job w/ this at Checkered Flag by doing Trivia w/ the questions being related to things on their website.

Hi Bobby,

Great questions. First off, exclusive content like ticket giveaways are always a great idea! Personally i dont like to do the same kind of giveaway 2 times in a row (baseball tickets). Maybe do all 4 tickits for one giveaway, then maybe your next special thing could be $ off an oil change?

As far as getting people involved in your postings, I would suggest keeping the RT's off your facebook wall. The reason for this is because I look at the wall, and I feel like there's no personality behind the updates. You've got some great statuses posted, but perhaps maybe throw in a few more engaging ones. Perhaps maybe a poll, or some questionnaires -- and ofcourse slight humor is a must! ^_^

Hope this helps!

Hey Bobby,
Thanks for the shout out! I would definitely give away all four to one person. Events like that are so much more fun when you can invite a bunch of friends, or another couple to join you. As far as involvement, I would just ask fellow employees or some of your actual (real-life) friends to get on there and comment. Any post that has comments already on it will draw others to want to comment as well.

I am a big fan of cheesiness (and actual cheese, but that's beside the point), so if you do a trivia, or a Q and A, give it a corny name, that folks can easily recognize each time you have a give-a-way going on. Mine are simple, Checkered Trivia, Friday Freebie, Flag Funny (when I post jokes, and funny stories). You could go with Preston Prizes .. just a thought..

Hope this helps
-CK

You could post something on facebook and ask "Who has the oldest Toyota with the highest miles " ?

Once you have someone who submits a photo of the vehicle with a picture of the odometer, they would be the winner !

The PERFECT PRESTON Toyota PIRATE'S GIVEAWAY...

what is a pirates favorite letter of the alphabet..? RRRRRRRRRRRRRR

A "wow" moment. Just a thought.

I have 4 tickets, should have two separate giveaways?

I need some help to get people involved with the posting so that we stay in the Top News for as long as possible... Ideas?

I know Christine at Checkered Flag does a good job w/ this at Checkered Flag by doing Trivia w/ the questions being related to things on their website.

I agree with Christine, giving away all 4 makes for a better time for those going than splitting it up! Do trivia, but come up with something that will get a lot of responses, you don't want the first response to win, then no one else will post. We asked one time for 4 tickets to a concert what our Dealers favorite chocolate candy was, we had 23 post, and the winner was something like the 14th person to post. Make it a time frame, till close of business today.

Hey Bobby,
I am a big fan of cheesiness (and actual cheese, but that's beside the point), so if you do a trivia, or a Q and A, give it a corny name, that folks can easily recognize each time you have a give-a-way going on. Mine are simple, Checkered Trivia, Friday Freebie, Flag Funny (when I post jokes, and funny stories). You could go with Preston Prizes .. just a thought..
-CK

No way! There is no cheeseiness in Christine's post ;)!! You should follow what she is doing, she does a great job at Facebook. We're not in Wisconsin, but us Virginian's can be cheesy at times!

Free car for Likes... What would label this as successful : 5k 10k 40k ? Oh in only 26.5 days...

Dolan Automotive Group - Automotive - Reno, NV | Facebook

Stefan, I just realized you work with Ryan Dolan, too funny, he and I were in the same NADA class. I got some stories, but I bet you have some better ones. I hope he is doing well, please tell him I said hello, and ask him for me if his Dad still listens to the theme song from Rocky each morning in the shower, he told our class that is how he gets pumped for the day!

About the LIKES, if your only goal is to get LIKES then go for it. If your goal is to get people engaged with your FB site, then I wouldn't go that route, people will LIKE you, then dump you after the contest, or foget about you and hide you. They only liked you for the contest. We have a little over 1,000 fans, and we got those from others sharing post on their pages, friends sharing our post, etc. We also did a LIKE us and we will donate $1 to the ACS Relay for Life in Suffolk and plan to do it again. That was widely successful as people were talking about it and it helped a community organization. I think Christine has done the same in VB.

My point is I would rather have fewer LIKES and have them engaging our FB site, commenting, posting, LIKEING, saying to me on the street they saw this or that on our FB page, etc vs having 10K fans and little engagement from them cause they were after the freebie.

Just my $.002!

Eley

Last edited: