• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Facebook is unpublishing Business Pages for no apparent reason, has your dealership been affected?

JessicaRobertson

Full Sticker
Aug 13, 2020
Awards
First Name
Jessica
fb-biz-page-personally-victimized-zuck.gif

In the past month, we've seen 4 different dealerships' business pages become unpublished or "restricted" for seemingly no reason at all on Facebook. When they have been restored, support has been unable to give any explanation as to what triggered the restriction. Only in one instance did a support rep actually state that the unpublishing of the page was done in error.

It is taking days, and more often than not, weeks to get this reviewed by Facebook support. To add insult to injury they have been restricting access to their support chat feature, which is making it nearly impossible to check in on the review status or even submit a support ticket to combat the restriction.

On top of that, the rollout of Facebook's New Page Experience is completely revamping and restricting page role functionalities. It used to be that if you were given admin access to a page, even on an Agency level, you would have the ability to go to bat for your client's business page, but now they are eradicating that policy. So even after you escalate it to support they are now stating that the Owner or Admin of the page (or as I like to call it the "True" Admin of the page, one who is not an admin on an agency level but is an individual admin to the page via their personal FB profile) has to get involved and make the request to have the page republished.

I'm going on a tangent here, but my concern remains that with all of the layoffs from the past week, I can only imagine this will get worse.

Has your dealership experienced this issue? How quickly did you get it resolved? What measures did you have to take to get the restriction overturned?

Hey @NJD_61, try using this link to contact Meta: Log into Facebook

If the screen looks like this, you should be able to find your page and initiate a support chat with Meta via messenger:

Screen Shot 2022-11-17 at 7.35.33 AM.png

However, if it shows up like this you will want to try that link on a different day:

Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 11.34.07 AM.png

That probably seems weird, but this is what I was talking about in my previous post. Sometimes Meta loads the page in a way so that you can initiate a support chat; other times they stonewall you with this unhelpful list of FAQs. You just have to catch them on a good day I guess?

If that's not working, here are two other links you can use to try to initiate support with Meta as well:
Facebook Business Support
Meta Pro Team: Facebook & Instagram Marketing Consultations

The last two are new to me, so let me know if they work out for you! Best of luck!

We've had a few pages unpublished in the past 30 days. Luckily they were all quickly reinstated within a couple of days.

We've had more issues with disabled ad accounts or restricted pages due to supposed policy violations, those are much more difficult to get resolved.
I don't want to jinx anything but so far this year hasn't been as terrible for rejected ads or ad account shut-downs. Fall 2020 was by far the worst for our team, everything was getting rejected for policy violations, no matter what the content was. It turned out to be a platform-wide bug with their ad auditing algorithm, but you didn't hear that from me...