• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Facebook Places Page?

Eley Duke

Boss
Nov 30, 2009
Awards
First Name
Eley
Ok DR gang, I logged into our Duke Auto Facebook page to load up some pictures from a Cruze-In we went to Friday. FB is asking me about Duke Automotive Corporation, and asking me to claim it, being the FB Places page.

I take it the Places page is nothing more than just like a Google Places page? In some online research it says it runs on cruise control once you set it up and you cannot edit it, is this so?

I am curious to how many dealers are using the Places page? Can you update it? I read you should get people to LIKE your FB Places page as well, how many more damn pages do we need people to like us on?

What’s the word on FB Places page?

Places pages are sorta tricky IMO and not easy to claim.

Facebook Places is more for smart-phone location check-in. It allows users to share their location, find the location of their friends, and discover your dealership based on other Facebook user recommendations.

I wish they would allow your to merge your business page and places page into one.

Merge the two together, in the next few weeks this will be a cool featured function of the new redesigned Facebook. Unfortunately, it still will lack Google integration and I haven't seen FourSquare as one of the fully integrated clients so it'll probably be standalone to Facebook or Bing-- neither of which most people use to check in or ping their location.