• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Familiar with Vettx - Used Car Acquisition Software?

Anyone have experience with or use Vettx?

Never heard of them but seeing more and more services like this come about...

Used Car Acquisition Software
Expand your used inventory in as little as 2 days. VETTX is a car dealership software designed with you in mind. Our innovative, private-party acquisition platform is the industry-leading tool for dealerships to buy vehicles directly from consumers. Our car dealer software finds used vehicles from private sellers that fit your criteria. Our booking team then collects constant information and runs a history report on the car. With the VETTX vehicle acquisition network, you’ll no longer be stuck with overpriced vehicles from auction houses. Our advanced auto dealership software helps dealerships acquire a steady stream of used car inventory without going to auctions or chasing down for-sale-by-owner leads.

@john.quinn
I do! We tried using it at our store a couple years ago when private party buying services were all the rage. I don't think we bought a single car from them in the 4 months we tried it. I like the idea but the reality is that most people 'know what they have' these days, so deals are few and far in between. You'll essentially be buying from the public at a retail number, if Vettx manages to get a hold of the customer at all. You're better off going into VAuto, using the Private Party Listing report, and have someone in the store appraise/reach out.

Reactions: Jeff Kershner
@john.quinn
Good to hear from you as well!
If you're the only person in your market using a service like VetteX it could potentially work but once you get a few dealers in/around the same zip code, you're now competing against other stores and the private party seller. If I recall, it wasn't too expensive so it might be worth a trial. The only effort on your part is appraising the cars, VetteX does the rest.

Hope all is well and if you have any other questions feel free give me a call!

Reactions: john.quinn