• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Feedback from dealers using TRUECar

Doug - love the "Nothing, Nada, Zip." For us, the ad price is easy to achieve.

The dealers just over the river do stupid low prices and my dealer has decided we're not playing in that sandbox. We've done more leases this year with our new sales manager than all of last year. Accessories have never been a strong point and we don't have a system for pushing them though there have many ideas floated. With just buying the store across the street, we now have all new prime F&I guys-their skill sets had yet to be adequately determined. Sales is front end only with very small % on accessories. Our per deal total average has dropped, but generally speaking there is a line at which our GM walks away from deals. That line has bragging rights status in some dealers I've heard.

The net loss comment is more to the point that with moving more inventory there are more costs incurred. It is his strong belief that at the end of the month 150 cars at 3k profit will not improve the bottom line of the total dealership over 100 cars at 4k. However, we just signed with vAuto, bought the Buick/GMC store across the street, and are working on putting together a BDC so we'll see what become of the momentum and a hunger for leads.

Kelly, we know how to sell cars better than customers know how to buy them. It is like playing in Vegas. The house is going to win. The odds improve with the number of cars that we sell. I've taken some nothing deals that F&I made into really good deals. That wouldn't have happened if I didn't accept the deal. I've been fortunate to work for some stores with really good F&I departments. The desk didn't slick out the deals.
moving more inventory there are more costs incurred.
I find that surprising coming from a dealer that just signed up with vAuto.
I pushed leasing at my old store, in Dallas. I did all of the lease training. Those customers are now turning in those vehicles and the Used Car department is hitting home runs on all of them. There isn't a Used Car Manager, in America, that can trade for enough three year old cars with good miles. I have a friend that is a lease expert. He does a lot of one pay leases and his grosses are staggering. It is just another arrow in the quiver.