1. Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Free Spam, No Not the Ham

Discussion in 'CRM, ILM, Chat, Desking, Emails, Phone, SMS' started by derrickwoolfson, Mar 13, 2018.

This forum sponsored by...
  1. derrickwoolfson

derrickwoolfson
    Expand Collapse
    Getting Refreshed

First Name:
    Derrick
    Dealer or Company Name:
    Younger Nissan
    This whole anonymous email BS from CarGurus (free leads) is for crap. How is this not hitting spam? And you get 5 attempts before the anonymous email is cut off? Free is not always good. And we know, first hand, that there is always a catch! Are they hurting for account retention? (it is evident). There is a lot of disinterest in third-party leads right now, and rightfully so! No wants SPAM.

Only thing I can think of is for those dealers that just see 100+ leads and get excited overlook the crap they have just received. We stopped the service because we can spend a third of the money on organic AdWords & PPC and get much better results!

P.S. it took an hour and a half to remove their spam leads from a marketing list for an email campaign - I wish I could have called them (personally) to hand remove the crap they sent.

Who else is over this third party lead non-sense paid or not?

2. This forum sponsored by...