• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Game Last Night

jdavidson

Smashing Bugs
Sep 1, 2009
Awards
First Name
Joel
First off....can I get a Roll Tide????

There were plenty of people around the country that said that Alabama did not deserve to be in the game for a variety of reasons. Whether they wanted their own teams to be there or they did not want to see the SEC win an unprecedented SIX straight National Championships...who knows? The important part was that Alabama did not let that influence them at all. The coaching staff and players worked their butts off and proved without a doubt that they were the number one team in the country (and arguably the best defense in the history of College Football) with their performance on the field.

There is something that we can take away from the game last night as Internet Manager and Directors. From time to time, there are people in our dealerships that say we can't sell cars off the Internet. Just like the naysayers against Alabama, most of these guys have their own reasons for wanting Internet Departments to fail. Whether they are scared for their job or unprepared to handle those leads...we can't let that influence the jobs that we do. We just need to put our nose to the grindstone and prove them wrong.

Many of the same premises of selling off the lot work online. You never know when the next customers that says YES! is going to come. It could be the next phone call or the one after that. They key is you have to keep trying and not worry about what others are saying or thinking. Your job is to prove them wrong!

If you don't know, I live in Tuscaloosa and graduated from the University of Alabama. I'm Roll Tide through and through and am extremely proud of Alabama bringing home it's unprecedented 14th National Championship.