• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

GM MAAP Pricing

Dec 19, 2018
Awards
First Name
Bill
Just some random shinfo, but GM just entered into the MAAP pricing foray effective January 1, 2021.

Learn more about DrivenData

jscole86

Boss
Mar 2, 2011
First Name
Josh
Just some random shinfo, but GM just entered into the MAAP pricing foray effective January 1, 2021.
I haven’t seen it yet, but it was my understanding that it was only going to be for certain models - mainly for new redesigns and newly launched models. But who knows!

Mar 21, 2012
Awards
First Name
Ryan
They announced they were doing this back in July with just a month's heads up. Dealers revolted. GM delayed it. Haven't heard anything since.

Sounds like they may add a new MAAP line on the invoice so it applies to dealers who don't participate in an LMA and can be enforced without violating dealer agreements.

gm.png

Get Podium
Dec 19, 2018
Awards
First Name
Bill
They sent out a letter to dealers dated 11/6/20 on Tuesday that it would be taking effect in January. It is a broad statement that does not mention any specific makes or models, so it appears it will be all of them. They also did not mention whether a dealer was in an LMA or not. One major problem that I noted is that they are requiring the breakdown of all rebates across all sites; including 3rd party sites who do not currently provide any breakdown of the numbers.

John V.

Boss
Jan 15, 2015
Awards
First Name
John
Our VW store has been on it for almost a year now. I am assuming GM is going to follow similar guidelines with pricing being tied to Co-op funds, compliance reviews etc. Its kind of a pain but if you can setup your IMS with some lifecycles/buckets/etc.(whatever your tool uses) based on trim level it makes life a lot easier. You just update your lifecycles once a month when the incentives come out. Put all your cars at MSRP on 3rd parties and submit for compliance often.

It's kind of a good thing really because then everyone has an advertising floor. No more $13,000 jettas.

Reactions: joe.pistell
Visit Generations Digital