• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Good Gravy America, it's a battle IN there...

ryan.leslie

One of the good guys
Apr 20, 2009
Awards
First Name
Ryan
This hit my TweetDeck last night and I had to share it... This is GREAT!

Congrats to BMW of the Main Line in PA for fostering a competitive culture amongst their staff for getting positive reviews. These guys understand that engaging the team to take ownership of their own reputation is a powerful way to build the store's reputation too.

ScreenHunter_04 Apr. 25 07.50.jpg
("seeing stars"-PERFECT!)

At Digital Dealer I heard a presenter say that he pays his sales team for Google Reviews with their name in the body. My immediate thought was "Whoa, that is very trusting, do you let them sign their own paychecks too? You just set up an ATM in the showroom and gave everybody your PIN number."

Let's be really honest with each other here for a minute. Sales People often plan their work to work their comp plan. I'm sure it can be done, but you need to be very careful tying dollars directly to reviews. I'd never suggest it as a best practice, I've seen far too many reviews pulled down for TOU violations from the same IP address and guess what, they were all mysteriously written about the same employee ;)

The point of my post is you don't NEED to spiff sales to get reviews! We're SALESPEOPLE! We are HIGHLY competitive and we're motivated by money AND RECOGNITION. Don't you know why most dealerships are built with a doorway you can drive a truck through? Here's a hint, it isn't really to drive a truck through, although that is convenient at times. Great Salespeople's egos don't fit through regular doorways!

Who's leading the reviews charge at your store? Are you capitalizing on their need for recognition? Are you enabling them to drag the middle performers up?

Think these guys are competing for that top spot at their store? Good Gravy America,... You better believe it!
ScreenHunter_05 Apr. 25 08.39.jpg

PS. I'd like to assure all members of PETA-SP (People for the Ethical Treatment of Automotive-SalesPeople) that no salespeople were actually injured in the creation of this post. I know we tend to be a little sensitive too ;)

Last edited: