• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Google AdWords Extensions

Good basics but pretty outdated info. The Google+ social extensions it references haven't existed for 2+ years. Also left out message, price,and promotion extensions which probably didn't exist when this article was written. I've had good luck in particular with message extensions on mobile ads.

• Useful
Reactions: Alexander Lau
Good basics but pretty outdated info. The Google+ social extensions it references haven't existed for 2+ years. Also left out message, price,and promotion extensions which probably didn't exist when this article was written. I've had good luck in particular with message extensions on mobile ads.
Yeah, it's a little dated and definitely not auto-centric. I'd challenge dealers to take a look at their AdWords campaigns to see if your agency has installed extensions, they can useful. The majority of dealer ads that I see don't have extensions installed.

Yeah, it's a little dated and definitely not auto-centric. I'd challenge dealers to take a look at their AdWords campaigns to see if your agency has installed extensions, they can useful. The majority of dealer ads that I see don't have extensions installed.
To be fair, it's been quite a while since I've seen an automotive agency not use extensions. Granted they may not use them to their fullest potential. The issue I come across most is poorly segmented accounts and too broad of targeting with subpar negative keyword lists.

That's why we decided to move most of our group's paid search in-house and subsequently experienced a huge performance improvement. I know I'm always skeptical when someone on a forum says that so I'm attaching a screenshot to show that our average CTR this month on 140K searches was 14%. The engagement once they get on our website is even better because the traffic is much more relevant.

ppc.jpg

^ I filtered out display and video campaigns.

To be fair, it's been quite a while since I've seen an automotive agency not use extensions. Granted they may not use them to their fullest potential. The issue I come across most is poorly segmented accounts and too broad of targeting with subpar negative keyword lists.

That's why we decided to move most of our group's paid search in-house and subsequently experienced a huge performance improvement. I know I'm always skeptical when someone on a forum says that so I'm attaching a screenshot to show that our average CTR this month on 140K searches was 14%. The engagement once they get on our website is even better because the traffic is much more relevant.

ppc.jpg

^ I filtered out display and video campaigns.
Not sure where you're looking. I find most automotive AW campaigns (whether done in-house or outsourced) lacking of not only extensions, but ads pulling from an inventory source, detailing actual stock. Lack of details. I think that's getting better with education, but still lacking. I think we are agreeing here.

In-house is smart, if you have the horses, sounds like you do. Only you know your true needs and can fulfill ad spend expectations. :)