• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Google Analytics monetary value per conversion

KodyVoyles

Smashing Bugs
May 19, 2022
Awards
First Name
Kody
Hey everyone.

Going through google analytic conversion and I'm looking to assign values to each action and I was wondering if there is somewhere I can view to find the industry average for value per conversion.

Such as a phone call made, contact form submitted , etc.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Reactions: dreyermeister
This is a great question. It'd be easy (but time-consuming) to find your own, but industry average numbers would be VERY useful. Here for an answer, also!

Hey everyone.

Going through google analytic conversion and I'm looking to assign values to each action and I was wondering if there is somewhere I can view to find the industry average for value per conversion.

Such as a phone call made, contact form submitted , etc.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Reactions: KodyVoyles
Kody, if you are looking for "conversion", meaning per source, that will vary by platform. I will tell you that overall, the cost per unit retailed in terms of ad cost in 2021 was $602 as a whole. See attached.

Attachments

• Cost Per Unit Retailed 2021.pdf
    403.1 KB · Views: 10
Kody, if you are looking for "conversion", meaning per source, that will vary by platform. I will tell you that overall, the cost per unit retailed in terms of ad cost in 2021 was $602 as a whole. See attached.

Thank you for sharing but that isn't exactly what I was looking for. I was hoping to see if anyone had a list of how much they value a certain lead from their websites inside of Google Analytics.

Example:
Form Submit = $30
Call Made = $25
etc. etc. etc.

This is to kind of give a value to show General Managers which advertising options we do that give the best estimate return on average.

Thank you for sharing but that isn't exactly what I was looking for. I was hoping to see if anyone had a list of how much they value a certain lead from their websites inside of Google Analytics.

Example:
Form Submit = $30
Call Made = $25
etc. etc. etc.

This is to kind of give a value to show General Managers which advertising options we do that give the best estimate return on average.
For obvious reasons I can't share any results for my clients, but the National benchmarks say for every 100 leads, 62.6% should be phone calls, 32.4% are form fills and 5% are via chat. In my market, the average "value" for a goal completion is $49.50.
Hope that helps.

Reactions: KodyVoyles
For obvious reasons I can't share any results for my clients, but the National benchmarks say for every 100 leads, 62.6% should be phone calls, 32.4% are form fills and 5% are via chat. In my market, the average "value" for a goal completion is $49.50.
Hope that helps.

Yes that does help, I am just trying to get a basic setup of averages to go off of. With averages setup and completed I can go more into depth and get the actually amount for each dealership afterwards.