• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Google Places Now Requesting Business Licenses?

That's interesting...we haven't had that request yet. I didn't read the comments there but I would be interested to hear what Google's reason's are and what they do with the information.

The reason is that someone probably tried to claim either more biz than they really had or biz they didn't have at all. I hope this will bring more validity to the places system as well as help standarize its data.

Google Places Now Requesting Business Licenses? | Understanding Google Places & Local Search Apparently, Google Places is now going so far as to request a business license from some businesses to verify their authenticity. Has anyone run into this? Is it legit? Thoughts?

Well, in this particular case it had nothing to do with the authenticity of the business actually. While I cannot disclose many details, I'd just go on to say that Google would do it in very rare situations, and again - it does not depend on the validity of the business and is not related to it.

Greetings,
Nyagoslav