• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Google Places - Still pending or need to do changes?

TonyK

Sled Master
Dec 29, 2010
First Name
Tony
Hello fellow industry workers,

Are you having hard time getting your google places approved or is it still on pending status?

As a trusted Google Map Maker member, I would like to review and approve the changes on your listing for good karma. Changes that has been reviewed by trusted users will be forwarded to google for faster approval.

Couple things that I won't approve:

Place name SEO keyword spam,
Phone numbers directed to sales people directly,
Images with your competitor's GPS coordinates,
NOT Owner verified listings.

Go ahead and post your listing's address and current name, it shall be done in less than a week instead of several weeks.

ps: After my review, you will receive an e-mail from Google Itself that "Your place page has been reviewed by a trusted user." .

Hello fellow industry workers,

Are you having hard time getting your google places approved or is it still on pending status?

As a trusted Google Map Maker member, I would like to review and approve the changes on your listing for good karma. Changes that has been reviewed by trusted users will be forwarded to google for faster approval.

Couple things that I won't approve:

Place name SEO keyword spam,
Phone numbers directed to sales people directly,
Images with your competitor's GPS coordinates,
NOT Owner verified listings.

Go ahead and post your listing's address and current name, it shall be done in less than a week instead of several weeks.

ps: After my review, you will receive an e-mail from Google Itself that "Your place page has been reviewed by a trusted user." .

Tony , maybe you can help. I have two place page listings for the same building. You have my word that this was not done out of malicious intent, it was pure ignorance. About a year or so, before I was involved with anything other than selling cars, we had a default non-approved listing. Someone got the bright idea that we had to make our own page, instead of claiming this page. Long story short, reviews got posted to both. One has 33 4.5 star, one has 13 5 star. I've called our place page account manager [who?] and they said that the 2 accounts should merge themselves together naturally, but it never happened.

My questions:
1. Is there any way to get them to "merge" and keep all 46 reviews?
2. if not, what is the best way to disband the 13 review one?

infophoto.jpg

There is my dealer info. I would write it out for you but I don't feel like getting flagged on google alerts. The phone # on google places is our toll free number, it goes to the receptionist, not a salesmen.

If you need additional info , my cell is two four oh , six ate too , for seven seven oh . I welcome any advice.

I have just received an e-mail from google that changed I made has been approved and went live. Other 13 reviews from your second one should merge in less than a week. Now your dealership only has one place page with the name Toyota Scion of Waldorf

Reactions: 1 person
Tony, Thank you for offering this service. Our Fox Toyota store seems to have two Google Places pages. One that links to maps.google.com and one that links to our actual page. Is there a way to get rid of the one that links to the maps and just keep the one that I created? Thanks in advance.