• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Google Releasing "Live" Analytics

Good to hear, looks promising but I've been paying for a similar product for awhile now that offers even more features with that included. I'm just not a fan of Google Analytics. Also I'd imagine it would be free, seeing as the majority of services they offer already are. If anything I don't see it costing anymore than $10/month.

Good to hear, looks promising but I've been paying for a similar product for awhile now that offers even more features with that included. I'm just not a fan of Google Analytics. Also I'd imagine it would be free, seeing as the majority of services they offer already are. If anything I don't see it costing anymore than $10/month.

What is the product that you use?

@Matt the live stats is part of the free version.

The Premium Paid version is $150,000 per year and the two features that are different from the free version are dedicated support and uptime guarantees.

As for the Real-Time beta I opted in and had my access granted overnight. It is really basic information like referrer, keyword, current page ect. I think the value is limited and you shouldn't spend too much time watching your screen. However, If you want to see what kind of traffic a TV spot or radio spot can generate you can use this to help measure this. It won't be exact but if you just heard your radio spot run and moments later you had a spike in web traffic you would have an idea of the spots effect. For the most part so far I have just had it up after posting on Craigslist and watched for referrals from Craigslist.

According to Google it will be labelled "Real Time" and it "appears" it will not cost more, but at this time is limited per Google ... "We just turned the reports on for a number of you, and over the coming weeks, everyone will have access to Real-Time. If you can’t wait, sign up for early access here: https://services.google.com/fb/forms/realtimeanalytics/. We’d love to hear about how you are using (or planning to use) Real-Time, so please share in the comments."

If you want to see if you have it installed, do this:

Accessing Real-Time
You’ll find the Real-Time reports only in the new version of Google Analytics. If you’re not already using the new version, you can start by clicking the “New Version†link in the top right of Google Analytics. Real-Time reports are in the Dashboards tab (though they will move to the Home tab in the updated interface next week) . You will have access to Real-Time reports if you are an Administrator on your Analytics account, or if you have access to a profile without profile filters. Real-Time does not support profile filters.