• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Graduate Student Project-Help!

C

Cara Hawkins

I am currently a Graduate Student at the University of Texas. I am doing an event planning project based on car dealerships. I have yet to get any responses from the cold calls I have made. I was wondering if any Car Dealers could help. Below is survey, if anyone can fill this out it would be great!

Basic Info
Contact person:
Their position within company:
Email address/phone number:
Name of business:
Type of business:
Number of customers per week and month (average):

Customers
What kind of events do you put on for new customers?

Do you have any events for current/existing customers?

What kind of food do you serve at these events?

Do you regularly put out or send out any food or gifts to new or current customers? (Ex: Welcome gifts, promotional, waiting area, etc.)

Staff
Do you celebrate anything with staff? (ex: birthdays, holidays, promotions, accomplishments, etc.)

What types of food do you have at these celebrations? (ex: sandwiches, desserts, finger foods, etc.)

Would you consider ordering cupcakes instead of cake or another dessert? What would make you switch to cupcakes?

Do you have any regular meetings with staff? If so, how often and what time of the day are they normally held?

How often would you consider ordering cupcakes for these meetings?

Purchasing
Do you make purchase decisions for events/meetings/food? If not, who does (what’s their position)?

Are there any other people that influence these purchase decisions?

How much does your company budget for food at events and/or celebrations?

What is the main determinant for what type of food you purchase?
__ Time of day
__ Price
__ Novelty
__ Portion per person
__ Type of event
__ Other: ___________________

If you’ve decided to order a treat/dessert, what is the top determinant for what company you order from?
__ Price
__ Convenience of ordering
__ Portion per item
__ Reliability
__ Customer preference
__ Novelty
__ Previous relationship with company
__ Other: ___________________

Catering
Are there any events you throw in which you order a catering company?

Are there any events in which you would consider ordering a cupcake and ice cream catering company? Why or why not? What would make you consider ordering this type of catering?

Other
What appeals to you most about ordering cupcakes for your business?

What worries you about ordering cupcakes for your business?