• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Grant Cardone Uses Contest Burner

I'm with Moon on this one. No offense intended, but Grant's putting the "cheese" in "who moved the cheese."

How many times has this contest been extended? I thought we were learning something about social media that dealers could emulate. Hope it wasn't hold a contest, change the rules and points schemes, and extend the deadline over and over until nobody cares if they won.

"In life things change...and this contest has changed." Yes, they do... and in kindergarten the kid that arbitrarily changed the rules to the game when it only benefited him didn't make very many lasting friendships, was that the point? You really can't go with a disingenuous "in life things change" when you are the guy changing things, for the third time. I don't get that.

What place were you in the first time the contest ended Ryan? How about the second time it ended? Anybody want to pitch in and get Ryan some steak knives with a big DR logo on the handle? :) Seems to me that has a better chance of teaching everybody something about the social part of social media than this contest did.

Just my 2 cents of course.

The way the contest started off was a pretty harmless way to get some new likes, youtube subscribers, twitter followers for Grant. I went full boar right off the bat after a little USA vs Canada propoganda was created.

At the end of the day the majority of the people who signed up for my link are not even in the auto business and could care less. I had a hell of time with my boy Stan Sher and some of the other contestants.

I'm still a big fan of Contest Burner and think there is potential for the right contest.

MOONER - LETS NOT HAVE THE CONTEST BURNER DEBATE AGAIN :)

It really made me sad when I saw Grant instructing the contestants with the exact things you had to say about his product to get points. I really thought he was moving in the right direction with his social game. I was going to do a book review on the Go -Giver and see if I would qualify for any points.

Why is everybody bailing out now? This contest was just getting interesting....I heard for the contest extension in February Grant was going to have contestants shoot video of themselves painting his apartment buildings.:lol:

All I know is the first time I heard aboot Contest Burner it was in a well written post by some french kid on some website.
Contest Burner - Run a Viral Social Media Campaign for Your Dealership | DealerRefresh