• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Graphic Artist / Web Design

jthacker

Push Start
Jul 14, 2009
First Name
Jeremy
I'm looking for a referral of a graphic artist. We have a Dealer.com website but we find ourselves needing graphics and things that they don't provide. For instance, we are a Chrysler store so we would like to have something big and bold regarding the 2x Cash for Clunkers stuff.

The dealership just expects me to whip something up but I have no expertise in design or the software to do it. Do any of you use an outside source for these kind of needs?

I feel your pain and I have been there myself. I have a few local connections that I have worked with in the past and also like the idea of keeping the money local if at all possible. When we redesigned our website I wanted something unique for our group homepage and I hired the graphic art designer from the photography studio that we used for consulting when we built our photo studio. Photo studios usually have someone like this on hand but some do better work then others so do your homework. If you check the link below you will see the custom flash presentation that Dustin put together for us and I was amazed how he made my idea a reality. Swope Family of Dealerships, New Jeep, Ford, Chrysler, Dodge, Hyundai, Mitsubishi, Toyota, and Nissan dealership in Elizabethtown, KY 42701

My son is a college student and a graphics artist. He'll work "college student" cheap and I'll be glad to oversee your request if you desire.

Send him an email at:

pistellmw @ gmail.com

Or send me a message thru this message board system.

p.s. the email address has spaces in it, REMOVE the spaces before you send the email. (I added the spaces to avoid robots grabbing the address and sending my son SPAM)

Never forget about the local colleges...they are usually a great resource to find an intern or at least someone that's looking to make a few bucks.

I'm no graphic artist but I've always been glad I taught myself Fireworks back in the day.

There are a few services out there like Elance that might get you intouch with a few freelancers.

Jeremy,

We've got some wonderful graphic resources here at Cuneo and would love to chat with you.

My most recent project (pre-Cuneo) was actually putting a custom "skin" over a Dealer.com website at Walser.com. We could develop a great, performing design within the restrictions of their platform without too much brain damage for you.