Greetings from John Dismukes, NIADA 20 Group Sales Manager

JohnDismukes

Rust & Dust
Mar 14, 2023
Awards
First Name
John
Hi Everyone, I just got set up on here yesterday and I am here to be a resource for anyone interested in NIADA 20 Groups in particular and NIADA events in general.

My name is John Dismukes, my email is [email protected] and direct # 817-837-0664, of course you can direct message me on here as well. Feel free to reach out if I can help with anything.

I got started in the Car Business with Steve Matthews and the Matthews Motors organization in North Carolina. Built a centralized BDC for our 3 locations, managed around 20 BDC agents and worked about 1,000 leads per rooftop. Hurricane Florence collapsed the roof on our BDC and Accounting offices, so we restructured and I moved into Operations Management overseeing recruitment and training. My wife, Pam, also sold cars for our dealership. Matthews Motors was and still are members of an NIADA 20 Group as well as the 2017 NIADA/Cox Automotive Community Service Award recipient. Mr. Matthews passed away a few days after being elected President of the CIADA and a few years later I moved on to the vendor side of our industry. I worked on a start up venture focused on recon, vendor management, and digital vehicle presentations for two years. Made a lot of great friends, mainly in the Franchise world.

In December 2022 I had the opportunity to join the NIADA as 20 Group Sales Manager. My role is to not only grow the 20 Group program, but more so to provide a great overall experience to our 20 Group members. Feel free to ask me anything about 20 Groups and to reach out if I can help your dealership.

Hi John, nice to see you here.

Do you have any Small Volume Retail Groups on the horizon? I have thought about getting into a Group again, but really want a "working group" rather than a vacation club.

Clint
Thanks for the welcome Clint! Yes sir, we are in the process of creating a retail 20 Group just for smaller volume dealers. We are working out the details now, but I'd love to include you in that group.

Reactions: Tallcool1
@JohnDismukes - thanks again for joining the DealerRefresh community. We spoke earlier this week but I wasn't fully aware of your background in the industry and running BDC's. Sounds like you're in the perfect role. Your expertise will no-doubt come in handy!
Thanks Jeff, It's been an interesting journey in the car business, it's a blessing to be able to do what I'm doing now with the NIADA.