• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

"He Gets It"

I think it was Ed and I who had a discussion recently pondering whether or not more dealers "Get it" in this day and age. He mentioned he would be "Sad" if it was truly the case that beyond the pages of this forum, the Caveman still runneth rampant.

Anybody have Ed's address? Need to send him a box of tissues... ;)

Reactions: 1 person
I think it was Ed and I who had a discussion recently pondering whether or not more dealers "Get it" in this day and age. He mentioned he would be "Sad" if it was truly the case that beyond the pages of this forum, the Caveman still runneth rampant.

Anybody have Ed's address? Need to send him a box of tissues... ;)

Ed's environment has parental controls. His clients have an understanding of what moves the market. If he was exposed to some of the idiots, that I have met with, his views would change. Remember those dolls with a ring in their necks? Pull the string and hear, "You can't do that, it will kill the gross"!

John, send him a case.

As a guy that was/is considered a car guy who "gets it" from an internet or digital perspective and has worked in this business since before "getting it" meant you had a pager so a customer could reach you if they needed something, I figured I'd chime in.

My opinion is that it takes lots more than just understanding that the internet drives consumer behavior to really be able to lead a salesforce or a dealership. I see lots of so called "internet managers" who were really the kid who knew how to send email feel they should be a manager and leave the retail world due to not being promoted, successfully maybe.... but really due to the lack of so called "experienced managers" who lack not only the skills to inspire the digital future leaders who still need grooming but the digital skills they need to be effective themselves.

The real people who need to "get it" are everyone that has a job that their living is tied into something that is sold.....yeah, everyone.

Reactions: 1 person