Help with Manheim fees

Sep 8, 2021
Awards
First Name
Albert
New independent dealer here and looking for help understanding how Manheim buy/sell fees are calculated. My rep tells me they're just different every time and there's no set formula. Excuse my ignorance but I'm not understanding how that makes any sense. How do you determine buy/sell prices without knowing what the associated fees are?

Unfortunately, that is just how it is. You really don't know what the fee is going to be. Some sellers have a surcharge, sometimes there are charitable causes sponsored by other sellers and they add $100 on every unit. You just don't know. We just figure it will be about $500 and that is usually pretty close.

You are going to sell from cost anyway, so $100 here or there isn't going to matter.

While not an outright scam, it's certainly rather shady. Surprised nobody has filed a case with the FTC. Just today I called the auction to ask the buyers fee on a $6000 car in the dealer lanes. Have a customer interested in a car and obviously they want to know how much to expect before committing to have me try and buy it for them at X $ over auction bid + fees.

Reactions: Tallcool1