• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Hmm.. We don't Remove the plastic from vehicles. How Can I Take Photos?

kcar

Boss
Jun 14, 2011
First Name
B
Well we leave the plastic on the hood and around the door handles.. Will photos with them covered up be a turn off to customers? Not sure what to do, can remove the door handles but owner doesn't want the plastic from the hood removed. And for a good reason I agree! Just trying to figure out the photo issue.. Hmm.

Have taken photos with all the plastic off, MINUS the hood and they came out alright..

What do you think refresh brahs? You think customers are mirin dat dere protection?

We took photos of new cars at this one dealer about 4 years ago with the plastic still on the cars, exterior and interior, thinking it wouldn't be a big deal that the online customers would see pass it until someone was shown the vehicles online and said, "that's almost like the I want to buy but I don't want a two tone car, I want an all blue Honda Civic." Yep, the online shopped saw the white plastic on the hood and thought the car was two tone. This was a 37 year old male. I heard this from a friend who knew we photo'ed the new cars at a local Honda dealership and knew a coworker was in the market for a new Honda Civic and showed him the dealer's website to see if he could find the car he wanted. You never know what the customer will think or how they will respond to what we do, so we made the decision, the dealership and I, to stop photographing the cars with plastic on them soon after. It takes longer to get online, but worth the wait.