• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Homenet Headache

Dan Sayer

Boss
Staff member
Dec 4, 2009
Awards
First Name
Dan
Has anyone else experienced issues with their IOL Posting 2.0 tool? Or with complex data feed and polling requests? Or with having to explain to 11 different service reps (no joke) over two weeks what your ticket is for? Or have a regional sales rep go back on his word to the tune of "pay us $1,000 a month so we can do what we said we would do two weeks ago for $400 a month (in writing)"? Hands down, the worst consumer experience of my entire career. I've used them before with a single rooftop operation but don't remember it being like this. Are they getting too big? Too many new sales and support people? Anyone else had this experience?

Dan, I feel your pain and I'm surprised you have not heard from someone at Homenet here in the forums.

I personally have been using homent for 8 plus years and I have never had an issues with their sales or support. I don't know all the details of your issue but it sounds like a 1 off experience.

Maybe someone from Homenet will get this taken care for you. If not, let me know and I'll see if I can't get your some answers. I know a few people over there.

Has anyone else experienced issues with their IOL Posting 2.0 tool? Or with complex data feed and polling requests? Or with having to explain to 11 different service reps (no joke) over two weeks what your ticket is for? Or have a regional sales rep go back on his word to the tune of "pay us $1,000 a month so we can do what we said we would do two weeks ago for $400 a month (in writing)"? Hands down, the worst consumer experience of my entire career. I've used them before with a single rooftop operation but don't remember it being like this. Are they getting too big? Too many new sales and support people? Anyone else had this experience?

I've been using Homenet's iol for about 4 years now and have always enjoyed their after hours support team, my rep and the ease, features and options of the tool, not to say it's always been perfect, but who is? I would recommend contacting them one more time via the "contact iol support" email option so you can keep track with a complete history of communications. If your issue is still not resolved to your satisfaction, then kick 'em to the side, but I would bet they will rise to the occasion and will make sure that you are completely satisfied. Just my 2C's worth :itsok:

Was very surprised to read this post...definitely sounds like a one-off issue and hopefully a resolution has been achieved. While the overall customer service at most of my venders is pretty good, the support folks over at HomeNet are the best and it's not even close. Super friendly, incredibly knowledgable, and fantastic with follow-up. Hats off to whomever trains their staff...

Dan, I feel your pain and I'm surprised you have not heard from someone at Homenet here in the forums.

I personally have been using homent for 8 plus years and I have never had an issues with their sales or support. I don't know all the details of your issue but it sounds like a 1 off experience.

Maybe someone from Homenet will get this taken care for you. If not, let me know and I'll see if I can't get your some answers. I know a few people over there.
It has been absolutely bizarre. I've been included on the support tickets so I have been able to see the communication between reps. I had actually been called twice telling me that the tickets were complete when the actually hadn't been. The rep who last touched it never read all the way through the ticket notes to see the original issues which had gotten lost in over two weeks of back-and-forth's and pass-off's.

Was very surprised to read this post...definitely sounds like a one-off issue and hopefully a resolution has been achieved. While the overall customer service at most of my venders is pretty good, the support folks over at HomeNet are the best and it's not even close. Super friendly, incredibly knowledgable, and fantastic with follow-up. Hats off to whomever trains their staff...
I agree that they are friendly but the communication between the reps and regional managers is horrible. I should just post the entire tickets but I'm sure it would take up a couple of forum pages. I had elevated the issues to the top but with no results other than a "revised" sales presentation that would still have cost us more money than they originally agreed upon for their Posting 2.0 tools. The majority of the blame falls squarely on the shoulders of their regional sales manager for not knowing their products and services well enough to make do on what he sold us. So maybe it's a "one-off" issue because of the sales staff. Another case of over-promise and under-deliver.

I can tell you a few things.

1. To cut costs, they have resorted to hiring part-time (30+ hours) so they can save by not offering health insurance. They also stick to hiring 18/19 year old kids fresh out of those technical schools you see on infomercials at 3 AM, who really have no idea what they are doing because they can pay them the bare minimum.

2. Their bottom line is more important than holding onto the employees that made them successful. Many of the tenured reps have left, are planning to leave, or are simply miserable.

3. That after hours support everyone loves so much? Before ATC took them over, they did not pay the employees for doing it. It was on a rotating schedule with zero compensation and there were instances where employees got stuck working on issues for hours at a time in the middle of Christmas and Thanksgiving.

4. Selling you a product that doesn't work, collecting the bills on it for 3 or 4 months and then having you cancel it means more to them than actually making sure the product has been thoroughly tested and is in working order for you.

There are so many details I could provide but I'm not a fan of lawsuits. My overall advice is to be weary because they don't care about the people who put in blood, sweat and tears to get them the reputation they once had, so why would they care about you?

Reactions: 1 person
Is HomeNet is no longer selling an Inventory Management System (called IOL)?? It's not on their product page.
https://www.homenetauto.com/products

Has anyone heard?
The Homenet rep told me that they are actually taking over the syndication and photo tools from vAuto. His reply to me asking if Homenet is no longer offering IOL was, "It’s the opposite, Vauto syndication product will be moved over to IOL..."