• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Honda's 3rd Party Lead Program?

We've been on with the program since May. Surprisingly we've gotten a handful of deals with good gross. However, I don't see us keeping it down the road. The money can be spent better else where.

@Grant, are you still using your Acura Program or have you cut it yet?

@funjabi We had Dealix a long time ago and got very little in return. As Grant mentioned we've probably all used it at some point and like other low closing 3rd party leads, it will vary from store to store.

I have been using the Acura Leads program since inception back in May. They say these leads will out perform other 3rd party leads. My results paint a different picture altogether.

6 months-- 87 leads x $18 = $1566 spent in program

15 of these leads were duplicates of another 3rd party source (great filter) causing a loss of $270 in potential credit for dup's.

drum roll please ............ ONE Direct Sale associate with program.

Note: It was a 4500 deal front and back but does not make up for the other crappy leads.

#FAIL and soon to be forgotten.

We used Dealix in the past but cancelled it shortly thereafter. There is a new sales rep and he is pretty persistent about getting us to sign up again, claiming they have made some big changes etc.

Just signed up with Trilogy. They charge a flat rate of $22 per lead (new or used) and you can actually login to your account and get credit for leads that you havent had any luck with. So, here comes the first lead a merely a few hours after signing up and I called the person and they told me they had already purchased a car elsewhere a few days ago. I will give them a few more days and see how it goes.

We've also cancelled our Cars.com and Autotrader.com accounts and are now relying on in-house SEM (Google, bing, yahoo). Have you guys had any luck with something that we haven't tapped into yet?

We are in New Orleans, Louisiana.

I think we've all used Dealix at some point. Results will vary from store to store. Keep in mind, 3rd party leads close at a much lower rate than 1st party or classified leads. Have you exhausted your spend in those areas yet?

Take a look at Jerry's Webinar titled: Fire Your 3rd Party Lead Provider & Start Generating Your Own Leads! | DealerOn Webinar Series