• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

How do you handle this? Listening to Company Brand Phone Surveys, and Some of these Workers are Real

kcar

Boss
Jun 14, 2011
First Name
B
So first off these are not dealership phone calls, these are from the actual car brand corporate offices. These are phone surveys for scores. I enjoy listening to the recorded phone calls to make sure all of our customers are happy and corp sometimes leaves out negative comments in the summary.. Anyways, I've noticed a few big problems.. Some of these workers that are calling are really rude, not friendly at all and are just making calls to make calls and get it over with. Also they ask for the e-mail and get upset (tone changes) when the customer won't provide it. This is just not acceptable, it's a bad impression on not only the brand but on our dealership..

I feel like it's out of our control, I could make call-backs to the customer and apologize but I'm not sure if that's such a great idea. (They are satisfied), but then again I'm not sure how they will feel after these calls. There's no way for me to find out which worker at the corp brand office is making the calls either. Maybe I can make a list of customers/dates/times and send it to the regional manager so they can track down the people responsible..

What would you do? Looks like there's a survey ID now looking at it, might be able to have corp look into this. It's not everyone, but it's a handful of people..

The 1st thing to do is educate your clients on exactly what to expect. If the call center hired by the OEM is really that bad, then carefully, prudently educate your clients that they will be contacted by a 3rd-party entity (not the dealership), etc.

I would make a collection of poor customer service examples for your GM, and have him/her address the rep.

Good Luck!