• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

How do you Montor Your Reputation Online?

Re: How do you Monitor Your Reputation Online?

Social Mention is a quick way to check something without creating alerts.

Here's a relevant article I posted on the blog today.

http://www.dealerrefresh.com/google-alerts-going-away-replace-with/

Google Alerts Going Away?

Rumor has it that Google will soon be dropping their Google Alerts service. For many of us that use this service to help manage our dealerships online reputation, this is big news.

I guess it's time to find a replacement for Google Alerts.

Any ideas?

I've found 2 that you may want to consider.

1. Mention.net being the first one that I would recommend. They offer a free and a paid section. I would start off with the free service first to get a good feel for what they offer.

2. If you're looking for something to directly replace your Google Alerts service, and something that free, you'll want to check out TalkWalker Alerts.

Talkwalker Alerts is an easy and free alerting service that provides email updates of the latest relevant mentions on the Web directly to your email box or RSS feed reader (like Feedly).

So what will you use to replace Google Alerts?

Somewhat related..

A dealer asked me a few weeks ago: "how do I improve my reputation?"

I know he was looking for a "here is how you do it [technical guru answer here]" answer but I quickly thought about it and I said: "by being nice to people".

We all laughed but it is true that some things are more basic than we think.

It usually takes multiple good interactions to get a positive review, but only one bad interaction to get a negative review. I always recommend thinking about where you're having multiple interactions with your customers and start asking happy customers to leave reviews.

One area like this that I think is often ignored is the Service Department. Pretty much by definition, the Service Department will be interacting with repeat customers (your best customers), yet I can't count how many dealerships I've worked with that have an amazing sales staff but gets terrible feedback on their Service Department. Giving away perks to repeat service customers (like a free car-wash) is one strategy I've seen that's had a lot of success.