• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

How Is It Done? iLead Sold to 5+ other dealers, All competiting, All calling ASAP, All throwing out

kcar

Boss
Jun 14, 2011
First Name
B
I mean if you can't beat every one of the other 5 dealer's prices, what are you to do? Standing out and value doesn't equate to much online, unless you have the best price. Sure you can build relationships, win it that way, but with internet leads you really don't have a chance..

So what do you do? Just offer the best price and let the other guy beat yours? Even when the other guy's price is pretty much losing money on the deal..

Assuming price is the #1 objection for customers online is a slippery slope to fall down. Bring the emotion back into the buying process online by sending those types of leads a template with every picture, video, walk-around, and brochure. Guide the customer into a digital test drive before they respond to you. At one store, I have seen increases of 8% in closing ratio's for the lead re-sellers by sending them pictures of the car on the lot. In the end the customer is looking for a car, not a value.

Reactions: 1 person
I've been sending a video welcome link to a wp site that I've also wrapped with some reasons to buy from our dealership and it works pretty well. When I'm not too busy I'll even follow up with a personalized video message. Our storage lot is directly under the busiest interexchange in the world so I can't do videos next to the car as the noise of being right under multiple freeways is insanely loud or I would do that. Also, just make sure to keep following up. You will be surprised at how little some dealers follow up with a lead after a day.
In terms of pricing I think you gotta be competitive. Since it sounds like you already know where everyone is at I'd also shoot for being the first to send the price. That way you have a better chance at getting the customer to respond with questions, build a relationship etc

Reactions: 1 person