• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

How not to handle Internet leads

I am sorry to hear that those dealers treated you that way. I have my response time down to 8 minutes per lead which I consider very good. I respond to every single lead, cars.com, autotrader, onesource, etc. I must say out of all the leads I respond to, I put time, work, and brain into, maybe 2 out of 80 actually are good leads. That is prob. why most dealers do not handle them well, and do not spend the time or money on the proper way to handle them. Most ppl are just "kicking tires" as we say. ~just my 2 cents.

I am sorry to hear that those dealers treated you that way. I have my response time down to 8 minutes per lead which I consider very good. I respond to every single lead, cars.com, autotrader, onesource, etc. I must say out of all the leads I respond to, I put time, work, and brain into, maybe 2 out of 80 actually are good leads. That is prob. why most dealers do not handle them well, and do not spend the time or money on the proper way to handle them. Most ppl are just "kicking tires" as we say. ~just my 2 cents.

It's all a numbers game. But you have to play the game if you want to sell a car.

apparently those dealers do not want to sell cars. i am fortunate to have a d.p who sees the value in our internet customer. i may only get 2 or 3 good leads out of 80, but i do my best on every lead i receive. i play the numbers game and i sell cars, (well trucks really) plus i get to put our dealership name out there in the open. we are no where near the cuban gyno. but hey, every little bit helps!:rofl:

I was looking for a car last week and decided to use the "get more information" form on an independent dealer's website. Guess what? Never got a reply back! It's been exactly 7 days now. I think I'm going to call them and let them know what a crappy job they're doing. I cannot believe this. These guys spend money trying to get customers/leads and they do nothing with it it seems like.