• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

How to set up email alerts to customer when price drops

Mid-Grade Ford

3rd Base Coach
Oct 20, 2015
Awards
First Name
Abe
Hey guys, so we just got a new website provider. We switched from CDK/Sincro to DealerOn (couldn't be happier w the change).

Anyways, both the old site and the new site have CTAs for price drop alerts. With the Sincro site, Sincro would handle sending the email to the customer whenever the price dropped. With DealerOn, they just send the price watch lead to our CRM and then it's our responsibility to alert the customer if the price changes. Unfortunately, our CRM (eLead) does not have the capability to do that. Anyone else ever run into this dilemma? Is there a vendor who offers such a service?

Reactions: craigh
So let me get this straight...

When a customer engages with the Price Drop CTA, DealerOn sends the lead to you/crm like every other lead?

I did a bit of research in the dashboard: What's interesting, the Price Drop leads are not sent to us with a different sub-source. Unless we log into the DO Dashboard, there's no way of knowing the customer used the Price Drop CTA.

So let me get this straight...

When a customer engages with the Price Drop CTA, DealerOn sends the lead to you/crm like every other lead?

I did a bit of research in the dashboard: What's interesting, the Price Drop leads are not sent to us with a different sub-source. Unless we log into the DO Dashboard, there's no way of knowing the customer used the Price Drop CTA.

Yep, exactly. They do at least send it to us with a subsource that says "price drop alert" or something like that.

Reactions: craigh
Yep, exactly. They do at least send it to us with a subsource that says "price drop alert" or something like that.

I'm not getting that sub-source. But I think is has something to do with the OEM mandating the names of the sources. Most of the leads that come directly from our DO website are labeled Mercedes-Benz > Sub-Source. I have no idea why!?

What a loss on the DealerOn side to not provide/email the customer with the price drop alert. I would contact DealerOn and explain to them what you want - seems like a simple fix if they are already emailing you as a dealer.

And, adding this to my "possibly lost/required functionality" when switching website providers.

I do get a source that says it's a price drop cta (elead) . DealerOn does send them an email. If memory serves it takes 2% to trigger the alert. I shot a quick message to them to verify. This is the response.

View attachment 5426

Huh. I guess I'll have to test it out myself. When I asked I was told the opposite.

dealeron price drop.png

Last edited: