• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

How We Sold 24+ Cars in 30 Days for FREE Using Facebook Marketplace (Interactive Guide)

John.H

Boss
Nov 12, 2018
Awards
First Name
John
Hey Guys!

It’s been a while since I’ve posted here, but I had to come back to a share insane findings about some of the most recent Facebook Marketplace listing strategies. It's such a popular traffic source now, and quite scalable for larger store fronts.

Over the last few months, my team and I have been testing a free, automated Facebook strategy that’s consistently helping us sell 15-24+ cars per month—without spending a dime on ads. Yep, you read that right.

I know it sounds too good to be true, but this system has been a game-changer for dealerships across the country. And I’m going to walk you through exactly how it works, step-by-step. Plus, I’ll show you how you can set it up yourself in a way that doesn’t disrupt your current processes.

Feel free to follow along and ask any questions in the comments—let’s make this as interactive as possible!

1. Step One: Automate Your Facebook Marketplace Listings​

Resource: Octoparse & The Lazy Poster
Let’s face it—posting vehicles to Facebook Marketplace manually is time-consuming. What if you could automate the entire process? That’s what we’ve done, and it’s a huge timesaver.​
We use two tools to make this happen:​
  • Octoparse: A web scraping tool that pulls your vehicle data from your dealership’s website.
  • The Lazy Poster: An automation tool that posts your listings to Facebook Marketplace for you.

Actionable Step:​

• Scrape Your Inventory: Set up Octoparse to pull all the key information (make, model, year, price, images, etc.) from your website’s inventory page. Once you have that data, export it as a CSV file.
  • Automate the Listings: Upload that CSV into The Lazy Poster, and let it do the work for you. It will automatically post your vehicles to Facebook Marketplace, spacing them out to avoid any red flags from Facebook’s algorithm.
Pro Tip: This frees up your time, allowing you to focus on engaging leads instead of managing the tedious task of posting.​

2. Step Two: Avoid Facebook Shadow Bans & Account Restrictions​

Resource: VPNs & Proxies
If you’re using Facebook Marketplace for sales, you’ve probably experienced—or at least heard of—shadow banning or having your Marketplace access restricted. One day, your listings are getting views, and the next day, they’re invisible to buyers.​

• Use VPNs or Private Proxies: Every Facebook account needs its own unique IP address. If you’re managing multiple accounts (which I’ll get into later), using private proxies or a VPN ensures Facebook doesn’t link those accounts to the same IP, which can trigger restrictions.
  • Create Unique Browser Profiles: For each Facebook account, set up a different browser profile to keep cookies and data separate. This ensures each account looks like it's operating from a unique user and device.
Pro Tip: By keeping your accounts separated in this way, you avoid being flagged as spam or a bot, ensuring your listings stay visible to potential buyers.​

3. Step Three: Scale Your Listings Beyond 25 Cars Per Month​

Resource: VirtualBox & Scaling with Multiple Accounts
Now, this is where it gets really interesting. Posting on one Facebook account can help you sell a few extra cars each month, but what if you want to scale to 25+ car sales per month? Here’s the secret—use multiple Facebook Marketplace accounts.​
Facebook limits how many listings one account can handle effectively. To scale, you need to diversify.​

• Set Up Multiple Accounts: Use a combination of VirtualBox (a virtual machine program) and private proxies to simulate different computers with unique IP addresses. Each account should be tied to a specific proxy and browser profile.
  • Manage Your Listings Efficiently: Use The Lazy Poster to post across multiple accounts and manage the flow of your inventory. Each account can handle a different part of your inventory, maximizing your reach.
Pro Tip: Start with just a couple of extra accounts and work your way up to avoid overwhelming yourself with too many listings at once.​

4. Step Four: Engage Buyers Effectively​

Resource: NEPQ & StoryBrand Messaging
Once your listings are live, you’ll start receiving inquiries like “Is this still available?” or “I’m interested.” How you respond to these messages can make all the difference between a lead that fizzles out and one that turns into a sale.​
We use a combination of Jeremy Miner’s NEPQ framework and Donald Miller’s StoryBrand philosophy to turn basic questions into real conversations that close deals.​

Response 1: "Is this still available?"​

Your Reply:
"Hey [First Name], yes, it’s still available! Just out of curiosity, what caught your eye about the [car/model]? Was it the [feature A] or [feature B] that stood out to you? I want to make sure it’s exactly what you’re looking for ."
  • Why it works: You’re not just confirming availability—you’re starting a conversation that digs deeper into what they like about the car, positioning you as a helpful guide.

Response 2: "I'm interested."​

Your Reply:
"Hey [First Name], thanks for reaching out! What stood out to you about the [car/model]? Was it more the [feature A] or [feature B]? I want to make sure it’s a perfect fit for what you need."

• Why it works: You’re keeping the focus on the buyer’s needs, making them feel understood, and subtly leading them towards a purchase decision.
Pro Tip: Don’t just answer questions—ask more of them. It shows you care about their needs and keeps the conversation going.

-----------

I have made a free group with videos and explanations that are far better than what I can post in DealerRefresh which can be found HERE. I was oringnally going to release it only to Arbor clients, prospects, and such but I wanted to expand the horizons and share it here too. DealerRefresh was among the first communities that I joined when I entered the vendor side of the business, and it's helped me understand your needs as a dealer.. and I owe it to you guys. That said, feel free to post any questions down below if you have any. I'll do my best to answer them here, or within the Skool group.

Whats wrong with using one of the multiple FB posting services that list these things for you?

What's the best solution for answering FB chats quickly. It can't be a business account, so the pages listing are personal/individual and do not link up to any software to link with our CRMs.. (Possibly Zapier?)

Whats wrong with using one of the multiple FB posting services that list these things for you?

What's the best solution for answering FB chats quickly. It can't be a business account, so the pages listing are personal/individual and do not link up to any software to link with our CRMs.. (Possibly Zapier?)

This is exactly that - a software that lists vehicles for sale on Facebook Marketplace. It's one of the cheapest options, in comparison to many other vendors. Also, account longevity is higher, since it uses a multitude of posting methods to ensure the account does not get restricted on Facebook for listing too fast, too often, and is highly configurable for obfuscating from computer to computer.

In an ideal world, you would use virtual machines and a series of accounts to make these automated listings & have humans connect to these virtual desktops to handle Marketplace inquiries. There are a few GPT powered solutions for handling marketplace messages but after lots of testing, it's not as reliable as a human being.

Eventually there will be a highlevel integration for handling marketplace requests. Which would centralizing a lot of these conversations, and may be able to more intuitively message leads. At this current time though, nothing reliable as of yet.