• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Hunting for that Elusive Video Conversion

joe.pistell

Uncle Joe
Apr 7, 2009
Awards
First Name
Joe
We produce stupid amounts of video for broadcast TV, then we cut it up for reuse on the net at: The Used Car King TV - Used Auto Videos Near Syracuse, NY This is my playground for all kinds of marketing experiments, but what has eluded me was a way to move the viewer from passive into active. That was until, I saw this weeks hilarious viral re-mix:

When I got to the end I saw the silly and fun menu and :light:BAM:light: my light went off!

GAME ON!! NOW WERE TALKIN'!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe, you know you can only link within YouTube unless you are a non profit (I believe).

Though you can still have some fun with this to get people going from video asset to another. Joe, before doing this, have you thought about optimizing your videos for search and getting a live link back to your website in the first sentence of your video description? I took notice that you are using the stock number for the title of the video.

Joe, you know you can only link within YouTube unless you are a non profit (I believe).

Though you can still have some fun with this to get people going from video asset to another. Joe, before doing this, have you thought about optimizing your videos for search and getting a live link back to your website in the first sentence of your video description? I took notice that you are using the stock number for the title of the video.

Jeff,

I won't use youtube for video on our sites, I use a commercial host, Ooyala | Video Platform, Analytics and Advertising. I need to find a new industrial graDE video host with a post video menu. In the menu, I like the idea of video to video hand-offs along with lead gen forms.

What can't be measured... sucks.
Because all the video views end in a dead end. I've not made an effort to make this an important public site. Its my play ground, my team works on this when we get caught up, but that rarely happens!! There are a lot of loose ends on the site, I am not happy with the video player, the automatically generated comments are not making it to the VDP on a predictable basis, and more...

I felt that until I found a way wire in a conversion system from viewing these videos, I'd just leave this on page 2 of my todo list (right along with FB ;-)