• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Hyundai Pickup is a GO - good idea or not?

TomLaPointe

Hat Trick
Sep 19, 2012
First Name
Big Tom
AR-170829919.jpg

So Hyundai has a pile of upgraded SUVs in the pipeline, and along with it, a pickup. Likely dubbed the Santa Cruz, which it what the concept was called at the 2015 Detroit Auto Show, it is part of a plan to shore up sales as the car-centric automaker experienced an 11 percent drop through July, while the rest of the industry is only at a 2.9 percent decline. Sales of the venerable Sonata, once the main breadwinner for the Korean company, are of nearly 30 percent. Check out the article here in AUTOMOTIVE NEWS.
What do you think?

Attachments

• hyundai-pickup.jpg
    hyundai-pickup.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 0
What is/was that Honda pick-up... ummmmm..... the Ridgeline. I can remember driving one as a demo back in the day... it was a dog. No more a truck than their SUV's -- an El Camino without the "cool," LOL. Does it sell now? I really don't know... but I don't see many around. Admittedly, I'm in a very rural "real" truck area -- lots of Chevy's and Fords.

Looking at the F150 and Silverado market, heck yeah, you'd want a piece of that market. But no one is going to mistake this for an actual truck.