Idea Sharing Groups For Independent Dealers?

bringles

3rd Base Coach
Apr 17, 2013
Awards
First Name
Erik
I have heard of the 20 groups, but they seem to be for new car dealers and automotive groups. I am a small, independent used car dealer looking to join an internet group of dealers in non-competing markets.

Has anyone heard of what I am looking for? I can't seem to find any and have decided that I should just start my own in the style of a mastermind group (4-6 people, meets 1 once a week, like-minded dealers, etc). I have been doing a nationwide search on Yelp to build a list of independent dealers with excellent reputations to invite to the group.

Does anyone have any other ideas to locate similar dealers or have you been interested in joining a mastermind group? I would appreciate any help.

Erik,

Have you checked out NIADA?

They also host on of the largest conferences for Independent dealers across the States.

ABOUT NIADA
The National Independent Automobile Dealers Association (NIADA), founded in 1946 has represented quality independent automobile dealers for over 65 years. NIADA is here to assist it's members in becoming more successful within the used motor vehicle industry. Through membership in NIADA, you join with over 20,000 other professional auto dealers who share your dream of financial prosperity for your business. NIADA is your legislative advocate -- protecting your business interests. The association consistently brings you industry education, valuable information, services and benefits designed to prepare members for an ever-changing marketplace. The simple and better way to keep pace in the used motor vehicle industry is to join NIADA...a highly respected organization dedicated to your success!

Last edited:
I have heard of the 20 groups, but they seem to be for new car dealers and automotive groups. I am a small, independent used car dealer looking to join an internet group of dealers in non-competing markets.

Has anyone heard of what I am looking for? I can't seem to find any and have decided that I should just start my own in the style of a mastermind group (4-6 people, meets 1 once a week, like-minded dealers, etc). I have been doing a nationwide search on Yelp to build a list of independent dealers with excellent reputations to invite to the group.

Does anyone have any other ideas to locate similar dealers or have you been interested in joining a mastermind group? I would appreciate any help.

I know exactly what you are talking about and I am in the same position that you are in. There are lots of BHPH groups or groups that are 50/50.

I came through the franchise side before opening my Independent store 4 years ago. I was in 20 Groups for 20 years. They are a fantastic source of information and ideas.

I have been contacting a few dealers to try to start my own as well. I can throw in 3 dealerships that are exactly what I believe to be a great foundation to a group.

Send me a message. We need to talk!

This sounds like something I could be interested in aswell.

Great! The more the merrier.

If I can get a few more interested people, I will start throwing some stuff at you...ideas that I have. In the meantime get in touch with anyone that you may know that could be interested.

Remember, EVERYONE is good at something......or they wouldn't be in business.

I had a 20 Group Moderator years ago. He and I became good friends and have stayed in touch. He always told me that the personality of the individual was much more important than the current level of success.

Wou

Does anyone have any other ideas to locate similar dealers or have you been interested in joining a mastermind group? I would appreciate any help. In Indiana would love to join small group