• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

iDMS review

dfitz21

Green Pea
Apr 19, 2020
Awards
First Name
Daniel
Trying to find a DMS, crm and web solution for our independent dealership. Have approximately 145 cars in inventory, full service department, collision center, towing. We tried dealertrack 6 years ago and it truly flopped. The install team they first sent couldn't even complete the install because they had never done an independent before. Was a nightmare for about a year before we dropped them and went with multiple independent products. Fast forward 6 years and we now also have a BHPH lot. Currently using

Automanager - great product for what we pay but kind of outgrowing it
Autoraptor CRM - sales guys love it and its really easy to use, not extremely expensive
Inventory+ - great pricing tool, price has more than doubled since we got it but it works well. Cant quite justify vAuto but maybe i'm stepping over dollars to pickup pennies?
Steering innovation website - super awesome guy, very boutique, very responsive but not overly integrated
Quickbooks
Tekmetric for service - awesome program
CCC one for collision

Im not overly concerned with integrating collision and service at this point. What I am concerned with is a potential DMS, website, inventory pricing, bhph collections being all under one software platform. Have heard that iDMS by dealersocket may be what we are looking for. Already using their Inventory+. Their websites look pretty attractive. CRM seems nice and the collections portion would be helpful. Anyone have any experience with this. Is this the right way to go? This is an independent store with 55 sales a month, 15 at the bhph and we are looking to grow and streamline operations. I'm open to any suggestions. Am I missing anything? Anyone else to consider before signing the contract?

Thanks,
Dan FitzGerald

Thought I would get more responses. We ended up choosing this company due to the bhph collections portion of the program. Ultimately we will continue with our service software and collision software running independently. Seems good so far just wish we had more input.

autosoft is great software btw, demoed them 2x and really liked them.

d

Thought I would get more responses. We ended up choosing this company due to the bhph collections portion of the program. Ultimately we will continue with our service software and collision software running independently. Seems good so far just wish we had more input.

d
Awesome and yeah they are, hope it works out for you.

d

I'm just seeing the post sadly. Would have loved to talked with you about it. Was on the leadership team @ DealerSocket for several years up until last June. Hope it works out for you anyway brother!

Reactions: Jennifer Lee
I also work for a Independent dealership that has over 6oo accounts for buy here pay here. We use Dealer socket as our DMS for printing deals and managing our accounts. Now we were actually with Finance Express before dealer socket bought them. Let me just say once dealer socket purchased it from finance express it has gone downhill. We also have been using Inventory + for our inventory for 8 years or more. Another company who was ecarlist that was bought out by Dealer Socket and has gone downhill since. Catching my pointe here... Very interested as well of some new ideas to manage everything