• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

If everything shut down again tomorrow

Whitney Williams

Full Sticker + Prep
Nov 5, 2015
First Name
Whitney
It's not an attractive topic, but in the interest of being a realist.......what is everyone doing to prepare for another shut down, should one occur? I'm looking back pre-covid and thinking through what we all wish we would have known when we got blindsided with this.

What do you think? If we have to go into this mode again, will you be more adequately prepared, and why?

I called this at the beginning. Additionally, I've noticed that almost all of the people who support the lockdowns are people who have not been financially devastated by them. Funny how that works. The lockdowns have transferred billions of dollars from small businesses to big corporations and the people who always complain about big corporations are silent about it. Amazing.

Reactions: Whitney Williams
It's not an attractive topic, but in the interest of being a realist.......what is everyone doing to prepare for another shut down, should one occur? I'm looking back pre-covid and thinking through what we all wish we would have known when we got blindsided with this.

What do you think? If we have to go into this mode again, will you be more adequately prepared, and why?

Assuming you're referring to our jobs/dealership?

I called this at the beginning. Additionally, I've noticed that almost all of the people who support the lockdowns are people who have not been financially devastated by them. Funny how that works. The lockdowns have transferred billions of dollars from small businesses to big corporations and the people who always complain about big corporations are silent about it. Amazing.

So, what do you think? Is shut down 2.0 coming and what can a dealership do to give themselves the best shot of staying profitable?

We were surprised in the first shut down by service not doing well and sales doing very very well. Dealers were considered essential here, so we continued business. I think if it happens again, our focus will be on keeping everything even keeled.

I don't mean to ignore the realities of a pandemic, but I can't say I've ever been invested into the fear.

Truth of the matter is, there's a multitude of vaccines that are ready to be administered, and it's only a matter of time before the public receive their first round.

Economically speaking, we've already passed the point of shutting down, which can't be done without having devastating effects for decades to come. A more realistic thing to happen is a mask mandate, and limiting the amount of people who can visit your place of business.

Reactions: Maxcar