• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

If you were to make an Automotive Marketing Company...

bono426

Skate Alert
Aug 26, 2013
First Name
Charlie
What would you offer?

I recently took a new position with a marketing firm who has a couple automotive clients. I have noticed coming from a dealership that a bunch of the practices that work for a cookie/bake shop DON'T apply to the automotive industry and it is a waste of money/resources for our automotive customers.

Now I have the opportunity to give dealerships what they want, no, what they actually need for marketing. I don't want to deliver the same BS that all of these other automotive marketing companies provide, I want to create a full blown marketing mix catered for dealerships only.

So I'm asking you guys to give me some feedback with the things that are going well with your current marketing company and the things that you're un-happy with. What are you guys doing for marketing outside of digital? Would a centralized hub for all of your marketing needs be beneficial?

My goal here is to make a product that solves a wide range, if not all, of your marketing needs.

I really appreciate your input here.

What would you offer?

I recently took a new position with a marketing firm who has a couple automotive clients. I have noticed coming from a dealership that a bunch of the practices that work for a cookie/bake shop DON'T apply to the automotive industry and it is a waste of money/resources for our automotive customers.

Wrong. Car guys love cookies, but even better: pop corn machines

Now I have the opportunity to give dealerships what they want, no, what they actually need for marketing. I don't want to deliver the same BS that all of these other automotive marketing companies provide, I want to create a full blown marketing mix catered for dealerships only.

No BS, dealers love to eat pop corn and customers love the smell of freshly made pop corn in the morning. It is also innovative since no one has sold pop corn machines for a long time and the new technology they have comes from France--gourmet pop corn!

I've seen a machine that will etch the dealer's logo on each kernel. The dealer's name expands when the corn pops. Think about it: the customers sees your name every time they bring one of those delicious gourmet pop corns into their mouths.

So I'm asking you guys to give me some feedback with the things that are going well with your current marketing company and the things that you're un-happy with. What are you guys doing for marketing outside of digital? Would a centralized hub for all of your marketing needs be beneficial?

This is a very expandable business: everyone would love to eat pop corn in the tower, at the service lane, in the delivery booth, etc.

You can sell multiple machines per dealer or a giant one that everyone can use to fill baskets and bring the pop corn to other areas of the dealer. I like this solution because it spreads the smell across the entire business. It is a psychological sell.

My goal here is to make a product that solves a wide range, if not all, of your marketing needs.
This is perfect for that: caramel pop corn, chocolate pop corn, butter pop corn, etc. The possibilities are endless. We also have soggy corn for old people and patriot corn with the American flag colors for veterans or special days like Memorial Day, July 4th, etc

I have been working for a long time on e-corn. But I can't talk about it right now or Joe Pistell may steal the idea and pretty soon DDC will offer it.

I really appreciate your input here.

Anytime brother. I enjoy telling marketing firms what to market.

Reactions: 2 people
Yago the troll everybody! lets give him a round of applause!

I enjoy telling marketing firms what to market.

If this was the mentality of the entire forum, well i guess there wouldn't be a forum? You could easily say this for any dealer that posts a question about selling cars online "I enjoy telling dealerships how to sell cars"

I asked dealers or people who work in dealerships. not the opinion of my future competition.

Wrong. Car guys love cookies, but even better: pop corn machines

No BS, dealers love to eat pop corn and customers love the smell of freshly made pop corn in the morning. It is also innovative since no one has sold pop corn machines for a long time and the new technology they have comes from France--gourmet pop corn!

I've seen a machine that will etch the dealer's logo on each kernel. The dealer's name expands when the corn pops. Think about it: the customers sees your name every time they bring one of those delicious gourmet pop corns into their mouths.

This is a very expandable business: everyone would love to eat pop corn in the tower, at the service lane, in the delivery booth, etc.

You can sell multiple machines per dealer or a giant one that everyone can use to fill baskets and bring the pop corn to other areas of the dealer. I like this solution because it spreads the smell across the entire business. It is a psychological sell.

This is perfect for that: caramel pop corn, chocolate pop corn, butter pop corn, etc. The possibilities are endless. We also have soggy corn for old people and patriot corn with the American flag colors for veterans or special days like Memorial Day, July 4th, etc

I have been working for a long time on e-corn. But I can't talk about it right now or Joe Pistell may steal the idea and pretty soon DDC will offer it.

Anytime brother. I enjoy telling marketing firms what to market.

I love this, OP asks for some honest advice and you, per usual, act like a total ass hat. And I wouldn't worry about Joe or anyone else stealing your ideas... you'd have to have some worth stealing first. Can someone please take this guy down a notch? He needs it sorely!

Daniel- I agree. I dont think that was a joke.

With your history, you should know what to do. think. Think about all the available options dealers have these days, make a hit list of what you think works best, master those things, then start pitching as a all in one source. Take away the complexity of todays media.

And no pop corn! :)

Dani,

You are correct about that particular comment, there is a lot more behind it and not towards Bono whom I don't know but towards the hundreds of marketing
companies trying to move from traditional media to digital and looking for ideas.

Daniel- I agree. I dont think that was a joke.

With your history, you should know what to do. think. Think about all the available options dealers have these days, make a hit list of what you think works best, master those things, then start pitching as a all in one source. Take away the complexity of todays media.

And no pop corn! :)

We know that yagoparamo really meant no harm, he's a good guy.Nobody is perfect and in a way this will make Charlie stronger!
Why do what everybody else is doing? Build your own niche and master it. Do your research and learn by trial and error.
Lets help some dealers sell some cars now!