• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

IndigoZest Case Study

Will Stewart

Green Pea
Mar 7, 2024
Awards
First Name
Will
Hi all!

I'd like to draw some attention to IndigoZest, a smart home technology provider based in the United Kingdom.

One of the many products that IndigoZest offers are Control4 Smart Home automation systems. In an effort to establish themselves as an authorized dealer in their industry, and boost their SEO, IndigoZest bought control4.dealer as a domain that directs users directly to the section of their website covering Control4 Smart Home automation systems. IndigoZest has seen increased website traffic and inbound lead flow since securing this relevant .dealer domain.

The applications of this strategy are endless, and you can reap the same benefits that IndigoZest has through purchasing a relevant .dealer domain for your business.

If you would like to explore this further please feel free to reach out to me at 647-880-0728 or [email protected]

Cheers!

this one is has years of developers and tinkers working on solutions that also help you finally use all those beta google devices that are the next greatest thing compared to an iphone that they moth ball because, just because.

Google has confirmed a website's domain name and domain TLD has no impact on SEO. If anything, switching domains can have a negative impact on SEO - short-term if done right, long-term if done wrong.

@Will Stewart do you have any case studies of dealers seeing an uptick in SEO ranking and traffic after switching to a .dealer domain that would justify the $4,000 /year expense?

Google has confirmed a website's domain name and domain TLD has no impact on SEO. If anything, switching domains can have a negative impact on SEO - short-term if done right, long-term if done wrong.

I don't think @Will Stewart is trying to get anyone to switch their domains. He's talking about building a landing experience as a different marketing campaign. Maybe I'm reading his post wrong :dunno:

I can also tell you we did not purchase our .dealer domain for $4,000. Guessing he can't disclose what they actually sell for.

I don't think @Will Stewart is trying to get anyone to switch their domains. He's talking about building a landing experience as a different marketing campaign. Maybe I'm reading his post wrong :dunno:
Yeah a .dealer domain makes complete sense for a dealer that wants to simplify their website URL. IE: Going from AlexSnyderFordBurlingtonVermont.com -> Snyder.Dealer

Or using one in a standalone advertising campaign like VermontFord.Dealer.

The SEO benefit of keywords in a domain and TLD are widely debated among SEO professionals, but the consensus is they no longer have an impact on organic ranking - with Google themselves confirming this (if you are still inclined to believe Google, that is). So a dealer may want to reconsider switching domains if SEO is the only reason.

I can also tell you we did not purchase our .dealer domain for $4,000. Guessing he can't disclose what they actually sell for.
Yeah, it looks like Godaddy is charging an arm and a leg compared to some other registrars. Other domain registrars have a promo available for the first year as low as $300, but then renewal is anywhere from $2k -$5k /yr. Crazy how much pricing varies!

We recently moved all of our domains from Godaddy over to Cloudflare to save money (for both registrar and DNS), but it doesn't look like they currently support .dealer TLD registration.

Reactions: Alex Snyder
Just because google has public documentation on what you should do for SEO doesn't mean that they follow those rules.
Also, consider why did they need to make a browser? Don't believe for one second that it doesn't phone home and put your browsing habits to an IP that you are using.

I would take the suggestions of what Google says you shouldn't do, and don't them and then consider what is still possible while ignoring their "documentation".

Does a domain make sense? Does it help?
I don't see why it woudn't. But then again as I have said, I would go with a .com.

I am still trying to figure out why Google sold off their domain registration service. Unless it wasn't making as money as they could from having data on you.