• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Internet 20 Groups?

ryanabbott

Boss
Dec 12, 2011
Awards
First Name
Ryan
Good morning! My dealer group participates in all NCM 20 Groups and I have been lucky enough to attend a few of these recently. I want to join an Internet 20 Group but I am unsure if one is available. I saw on Google that Dealer Synergy sponsors one but I would prefer to join one that isn't Vendor operated. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Reactions: 1 person
Ryan,

My name is Stan Sher and I am the president of Dealer eTraining. I am the co-host of the Internet Sales 20 Group. While Dealer Synergy has the majority stake in this event and 20 group I can tell you that the event is not about the vendors and is strictly for dealers. Both of our companies are separate training companies and we came together to put this on. We have some great sponsors for the event and they will be the only vendors in attendance.

I am proud to say that currently our registrations consists of 90% dealer principals and General Managers with the other 10% being Internet and BDC Directors.

Let me break down how the event is setup so that you have great piece of mind. First off, here is the link to the site Internet Sales 20 Group - An Internet Automotive Sales Training, Consulting, Management, and Digital Marketing Service

Day 1: 20 Group Format (Dealer Driven)
We will focus on a real 20 group format with real benchmarks and composite from 20 dealers that are in attendance. The co-creator of the format and session is a dealer principal from a major Toyota dealership in the metro Philadelphia area. Bill Finocchiaro is the president of Peruzzi Toyota. We have other major dealer players like Paul Sansone Jr. of Route 66 Automall in New Jersey. Durran Cage is currently the General Sales Manager of Alan Vines Automotive. He was a Chrysler OEM rep that got recruited to become Internet Director and most recently was promoted to GSM. We have a person who sells over 30 cars per month with more visibility online then most car dealership, Your Hyundai Guy Robert Wiesman. We also have Joe Turner, digital marketing manager for Neil Huffman Auto Group.

Like I said, it is a dealer driven event.

Day 2: Speakers
We will have industry experts Sean Bradley (Dealer Synergy), Stan Sher (Dealer eTraining), Peter Martin (Cactus Sky), Robert Gruen (Higher Gear), Ralph Paglia (Automotive Digital Marketing/Dealerelite/Automotive Media Partners), JD Rucker (KPA-TKCarsites), Sherry Hale (Dealix), AJ Le Blanc (Car-Mercial) all speak on this day.

Day 3: Action Planning
Cory Mosley of Mosley Training will kick off with an inspirational message. We will have 2 more speakers including Fran Taylor (Taylor Techniques) and Joe Haberstroh (CarsDirect). We will then create action plans for all attendees to review what they learned and what they need to implement at the dealership. We will be providing materials for them with an outlined plan. We will then do a post 45 day gotomeeting to go over everything.

Just because a training company put this event on does not mean that it is vendor driven. We want this to be all about the dealer. The schedule is right here Automotive Internet Sales Training Schedule

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the time on the phone today. Hope the NCM 20 Group format we discussed is a good fit for you and your group. Several of our 20 Group members are part of DealerRefresh. Jeff Kershner noticed your post and asked that I respond. Isn't this a great community?

David Kain

Reactions: 1 person
I just dropped out of mine, the INT2 20Group, which was a group of eCommerce Directors, Internet Sales Managers, and BDC managers. It was pretty good until they started adding brand new ISM's and became a venue for getting new people up to speed in the industry and less about looking at cutting-edge ideas and practices. I told NADA I would jump back into one if they separate them into a "beginners" and "advanced" groups. Them may have an opening. Contact NADA and ask about the INT2 group although, depending on your level of internet experience, you may run into the same issue I did.