• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Internet Prospect Followup Schedule

What I failed to mention is that alot of what I talked about in my first post is going more towards the people that don't really respond to any of my emails. The people that do respond are usually easy to handle, to a point.

I'm just trying to always change my responses to illicit a response but also not come off as a "template".

That JD power PDF is long and after a quick scan it has alot of cool info. I just need to read it more thoroughly.

I love the P.S. line btw :D

Dan, some ILM's think there is a secret sauce to this...and hey maybe there is but I think it's deeper than the follow-up schedule. You can have a stellar follow-up schedule but without the "right message" what good is it?

There is "A Message" and then there is "The Message". Some say as long as you have a message and you are getting in from of the customer good things will happen but I believe you need to have the right message when you get in front of your potential customer.

Inventory is your biggest asset! It's exactly why your potential customers contact you. It's one way of grabbing your customer attention with each and every email.

Have you considered a true email marketing campaign?

It's not so much that the 1 liners WORK it's that you are answering the customer question and getting to the point. What you need to ask is..what happens after these 1 liner emails? Are you getting these customer to the phone or are you answering their questions getting a response and then they disappear?

There are many ways of adding a quick soft value proposition sell inside of your emails. Sounds simple but the P.S. note is often overlooked.

We had 2 or 3 sales from people who were 60 to 90 days out.

Dan,
I pulled this quote from the last reply because we have expierenced some of the same success with leads well over 60-90 days since our inventory has increased and incentives have become more relevant. One thing I would check out is some form of ILM if your store isnt currently using one. We have had great success with imagiclab and since its a web based product, you can constantly alter it to your specific needs. We have a follow up process currently in place for all leads that come in based on certain lead factors such as new vs. used etc. We were able to snag a few extra deals from this 60-90 day and older group with an email blast we did to all active leads announcing new incentives for our store when they came out. Its not the end all be all of follow up, but having this ILM system in place has really proven valuable to us. Depending on the setup of your internet department, it may help you out as well.

I do have an ILM area in my Autobase system. Those folks that I have not had contact with go into a "No response" folder and they get an email once a month from me. Plus all the store leads get a blast when new incentives come out.

Its somewhat tough to send out a blast with incentives when Lexus doesn't really put incentives on there cars, other that lease programs, but I try to send out some type of model specific emails to those customers that inquired about a certain make and model.

...worst case, I can at least clean up my database and "dead deal" people that already bought :D